+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4477Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2220798;
    No!? When are actors EVER at filming locations?
    Well, in the case of Lindsay Lohan...

The only celebrity I've met besides Bill Nye the Science Guy is Danny Glover. And that's mostly because my work is the only gas station he goes to whenever he's in Seattle.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2220633;
    It's kind of sick if you ask me. What do they want to see? I mean, an accident or crime scene is not pretty and I would NOT want to see any of that up close and personal.
    I know what you mean. Having lost a loved on in a brutal car accident, I try to show some respect to the victims of any accident I pass by just going on about my business and not slowing down to gawk. People seem to forget that its someone's brother, mom, sister, etc that's lying there in a ditch beside the road. I don't think they'd want people gawking if it were someone they loved.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2220814;
    Stephanie - shouldn't you be in school? Or are you online in the library? Computers hadn't been invented yet when I was in high school so it often doesn't occur to me that it's a possibility.
    Yeah.... my friend wanted to talk to me in the library, so I took my lunch period to be on the FoRT!

Not that I was breaking any rules or anything....
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Midori was the guest speaker at my composition class a month ago. She played the fugue from Bach's C Major sonata for us. It was amazing! And she's so small too - I know they photograph larger-than-life, but it was still strange (not in a bad way, though). I remember doing reading comprehension exercises on an article about her when I was in 4th grade or thereabouts, so meeting her was incredible. I think I was too awestruck to think about getting her autograph, though.
    Gustav Holst was right!

myrosiedog: I know what you mean about celebrities. I am amazed at how much I know about them and really, why?

It was pretty bad when Brad Pitt was filming here and Angeline and the kids were with him. They stayed in a really private mansion outside of town. They were filming at our Historic Park for a western with the steam train. What's that movie? Drat. No memory. Too upset today.

The media covered every move that was made on a daily basis, but I dont' think too many people camped out or chased them. I guess we don't get as excited as maybe you do in the U.S.A.

It amazes me how people think not only entertainment celebs are better/more interesting than ordinary people but also sport celebs! It's fun, sure, but I guess I don't "get it" either.

Mind you when our Queen Elizabeth came to visit, it was a major major hooplah and affair!! That I understand.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well because I believe that George Clooney should be my future husband, I of course would scout out where he would be so that I could be ready at a moment's notice to run off and elope!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221252;
    myrosiedog: I know what you mean about celebrities. I am amazed at how much I know about them and really, why?

It was pretty bad when Brad Pitt was filming here and Angeline and the kids were with him. They stayed in a really private mansion outside of town. They were filming at our Historic Park for a western with the steam train. What's that movie? Drat. No memory. Too upset today.

The media covered every move that was made on a daily basis, but I dont' think too many people camped out or chased them. I guess we don't get as excited as maybe you do in the U.S.A.

It amazes me how people think not only entertainment celebs are better/more interesting than ordinary people but also sport celebs! It's fun, sure, but I guess I don't "get it" either.

Mind you when our Queen Elizabeth came to visit, it was a major major hooplah and affair!! That I understand.

Now, I would go out of my way to catch a glimpse of the Queen. The US seems to have such a fascination with the Royal Family. I have a friend here from Canada. She said that when the Queen visits, its a BIG deal.
    She happened to be in London and the queen was "out and about" for something and she said, she almost had a heart attack and all the Londoners went about their business as if it was no one special. I guess they see her a lot???

I don't watch ET or Extra or read people either. I really don't care much about celebs lives. Now if I really wanted to meet someone famous, I'd probably rather meet an astronaut or someone who invented something that changed the world or an author. Yeah, book authors interest me more. I wouldn't mind meeting a few politicians either. But that's about it. And I would hope if I did meet these people, I could ask them an intelligent question and not fawn over them. That would mean more to me than an autograph.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I like looking at pretty people, but I'm happy to do that from afar. I don't need to stand next to them so that my normalness can be compared to all their made-up glory!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2221749;
    I like looking at pretty people, but I'm happy to do that from afar. I don't need to stand next to them so that my normalness can be compared to all their made-up glory!
    But you are the self proclaimed FORT supermodel, your beauty would outshine theirs.

As my dad used to say: Those guys are just like me, they put their pants on one leg at a time too.

Dad was full of these little ditties. When I lived away from home and he'd call me long distance at the end of every conversation he'd say:
    "You know what the monkey said when it peed in the cash register? This is running into money". Meaning, get off the phone before my phone bill is sky high.

Anyway, I think most celebs are just like us. They eat and sleep and brush their teeth and poop. They just have more money and probably a nicer toothbrush and toilet!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread