+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I can sew, but I cannot flip an egg over easy to save my life. You come make me eggs and I'll sew for you!
    Sounds like a plan.

..Unattended children will be given an expresso and a free puppy.
    ...Children left unattended and running will be towed away and stored at the owners' expense.
    ...Unattended children will be sold as slaves.
    Ok.Those are funny. However, if they can't look after their child, they can't look after a puppy. And I hope they do not give the puppy the expresso! I do like the second one. But I agree that the third brings up unpleasant historic references.
    ----------------------

Marleybone and myrosiedog: Looks like a team has formed! Just like Sesame Street. Co-operation. Can you say that?

Unk: 30 dozen eggs?? Wow. Where do you keep all those chickens? LOL
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2220392;
    Unk: 30 dozen eggs?? Wow. Where do you keep all those chickens? LOL
    Ah gotta, Ah say Ah gotta keep the family working, you know what I mean? Some people accuse me of nepotism.

[QUOTE=misskitty;2220392;]Ok.Those are funny. However, if they can't look after their child, they can't look after a puppy. And I hope they do not give the puppy the expresso! I do like the second one. But I agree that the third brings up unpleasant historic references.
    ----------------------

misskitty I think the expresso/puppy sign is a joke to get the message to parents that unattended kids may be annoying. Giving the child caffeine and a new puppy would drive them ( the parents) crazy.

I don't like that slaves one either. One I saw said sold to the circus.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD
    George Clooney is in town scouting locations and gettting ready to start shooting a movie here in Feb. with Renee Zellweger. It's called Leatherheads and is set in the 1920's and is about football.
    The ENTIRE town is caught up in George Clooney fever and they practically chase him everywhere he goes. It's absolutely ridiculous. The local news every night starts with an update on what's going on with the movie. This is before any REAL news, important news is actually given.
    Right now, I am so sick of hearing about George Clooney and this movie that I could spit.
    The news showed him on main street and there must have been about 30 people following him around asking for pictures and autographs. The poor man.
    I guess its probably the most exciting thing that's happened here since Shoeless Joe Jackson played baseball (he's from here), but I am so over it being the entire topic of conversation and the phone ringing with George Clooney sightings and the news acting like its real news that he was having tryouts at Furman University for football players.
    I think it will be cool to see the movie because its being shot here, but geez, the people in this town need to get a grip!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It was like that here in Philadelphia when they were filming National Treasures at Independence Hall. I have to admit, I was staring out of my office window with binoculars (along with quite a few others) watching Nicholas Cage come out of the little door and go over to the brick wall over and over and over. Who knew it would be so difficult to come out a door, run across a roof top, and pretend to pick something out of a brick wall? My co-workers and I all agreed he could have done it on the first try!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2220457;
    George Clooney is in town scouting locations and gettting ready to start shooting a movie here in Feb. with Renee Zellweger. It's called Leatherheads and is set in the 1920's and is about football.
    The ENTIRE town is caught up in George Clooney fever and they practically chase him everywhere he goes. It's absolutely ridiculous. The local news every night starts with an update on what's going on with the movie. This is before any REAL news, important news is actually given.
    John Krasinski (from The Office) is in the movie, too. George Clooney & John Krasinksi together in one place? Swoon! Must start packing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2220524;
    John Krasinski (from The Office) is in the movie, too. George Clooney & John Krasinksi together in one place? Swoon! Must start packing.
    I know where they're staying. Hell the whole town knows. They've had to get police to cordon off the area in front of the hotel as apparantly crowds are gathering at all hours waiting to catch glimpses.

I guess I'm not a huge celeb watcher. I have seen a few, just never felt the need to approach them or anything. I just find it odd to even think about trying to insert myself into a strangers life like that. Especially when they are relaxing or working. Clooney's directing, so he's scouting locations while the whole town clusters around him. Yeah, I know when you're famous you have to put up with this crap. But I have just never understood the need to see a celeb up close, talk to them, touch them, get my picture taken with them or get an autograph.

MRD, if you see them, just let us know. I know that will be enough for me-osmosis is great!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2220602;
    MRD, if you see them, just let us know. I know that will be enough for me-osmosis is great!!
    I'll let you know, but I've been avoiding the announced locations for stuff because of the crowds. I do take my dogs to the park near where his hotel is, so if I get down there I will keep an eye out just for you.

+ Reply to Thread