+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6260Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I Is Stephanie
    Yep!

I just fear that all the snow is holding off until March 11th (The Nickelback Concert I'm going to!)... it would seriously be just my luck that I wouldn't be able to go because of snow.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Don't worry. It's holding off until our February vacation when I will finally be able to fly back to Ohio and see my mom for the first time since my dad died this summer.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2218599;
    I really like the clothes in Coldwater Creek's catalog too, and about half of them are also in plus sizes. Haven't ordered from there, but keep threatening to! Actually, I need to get into one of their stores and see what size I wear in their styles. I've noticed that if you shop somewhere a little pricier than my usual Cato's and Wal-Mart you usually wear a size or even two smaller!
    You may wear a size smaller. The clothes are generously cut. They now have that clearance sale on but I checked last night and most of the things I would have liked are out of stock. I like lots of jackets and they sure have them. I may try to run out to the store tomorrow and see what's left there.

MRD
    Speaking of snow and cold.

my daughter dropped a brand new roll of toilet paper in the toilet the other day. What does this have to do with cold? Well, I'll tell you. Her father in all his infinate wisdom told her to put it outside to dry so she could use it (yuck, even if the toilet was clean when she dropped it in, besides, we ALL know that's not going to work).

So she sets it in the chair I sit in outside when I put the dogs out. I went out yesterday morning at the crack of dawn to let the dogs out and had to remove the toilet paper. It was hard as a rock. It had frozen solid during the night. I took it in the house and showed it to the two rocket scientists who couldn't believe it. Said roll is now in the garbage as wet, frozen, thawed, wet renders it extremely unusable.

Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I can't sew, but I'm a master at flipping eggs over-easy.
    I can sew, but I cannot flip an egg over easy to save my life. You come make me eggs and I'll sew for you!

Great bag Tortoro. I want to start making purses. I've seen some cute ones that were cloth that I think I could probably make myself. I have tons of fabric on hand too as if you sew, you ALWAYS have fabric laying around. I don't sew like I used too and I can't put a zipper in well. But I've made slip covers, curtains, clothes and especially flannel pj's that I love.

Also try Silouhettes for plus size clothing. They have a catalog. The clothes are stylish and nice and not too expensive. I have gotten several things from them in the past and they were good quality and held up well.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-28-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    When I got out of bed this morning, I stepped on a damp area on my carpeted floor. I know I didn't spill anything so I'm not sure what's going on. It's not wet to the touch, but deep down in the carpet (and I'm assuming the padding). I live in an older 4-plex on the bottom floor. It's been raining lately, but nothing horrible. A friend stopped by earlier and I asked her to look and see if there were any leaks or water stains. She didn't see any. She blotted the area with a paper towel and said it was clear with no odor (i.e. water). The area that's damp is probably the size of a small plate and about two feet away from the wall, so there's not a 'trail' leading to the damp area. I'm pretty sure the foundation is your basic concrete slab. Could there be a small area in the foundation with standing water? I mean, does this sort of thing happen?

Any ideas?

I think it is possible to develop a small crack in the cement of the foundation.
    unfortunately, it will probably be necessary to pull up the carpet and padding to see, and fix.

MRD
    We developed a leak in a water pipe that was embedded in the foundation when the house was built. Same thing. Damp spot on carpet. Had to have a plumber come in, pull up the carpet and padding and drill a basketball size hole in the concrete to get to the pipe to patch it.

Could it possibly be a water pipe in the foundation is leaking?
    We had copper pipe that had eroded from the inside. The whole was very, very small, but enough that everytime we used the water, it leaked until the concrete became wet enough to soak into the carpet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes, Jewelsy, it definitely could be a broken pipe. Has it been unusually cold up where you are, too? Maybe the cold has caused a pipe to burst? A popular trend here is to remove all carpeting, exposing the concrete foundation, then staining it. It probably sounds rather crazy, but it can be beautiful. One of our neighbors have done this and just recently her kids wanted to know when had they put heaters in the floor. Turns out one of the hot water pipes under the foundation had burst, and a plumber had to be called.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2218968;
    Could it possibly be a water pipe in the foundation is leaking?
    I was wondering the same thing. I *know* there are pipes in the walls because I can hear the them every time my neighbor takes a shower or flushes the toilet. Since they're in the walls, would they be in the floor too?

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Yes, Jewelsy, it definitely could be a broken pipe. Has it been unusually cold up where you are, too? Maybe the cold has caused a pipe to burst?
    It was SUPER cold last week (high 20's) but wouldn't it be a HUGE leak if a pipe burst?

I have a call into my landlord so he can send somebody out to take a look. The area hasn't gotten any bigger, or wetter, so I guess that's a good thing. I hope the carpet isn't ruined because it's brand new.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 01-28-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2218982;
    It was SUPER cold last week (high 20's) but wouldn't it be a HUGE leak if a pipe burst?
    Okay, perhaps 'burst' is not the right word -- tiny pinhole crack? At least you're in a situation where you can have your landlord deal with the crummy details such as the bill. Good luck with the headache of it all though, Jewelsy.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread