+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6185Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2217817;
    I can't sew, but I'm a master at flipping eggs over-easy.
    Hey Marley, I need a cook at the restaurant. Could you handle about 30 dozen eggs per shift?

Totoro: Love the bag!

So interesting how some people sew a lot and some never have. My evil twin sinister just told me that I have her old hand-me-down sewing machine in my basement. Now. Where could it be? I know I broke the needles on it making heavy pillows with upholstery fabric. I hope it works.

roseskid: I have a loveseat and chair from my Baba with beautiful wooden legs and trim in my den that needs upholstery. But the places I called say I need to strip them right down and need new foam cushions, paddings, and even the criss cross heavy ties underneath done because it's so old. I don't think I can even do that part. I wouldn't even know where to buy that stuff. I do like the idea of using a staple-gun though! Blammo!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    roseskid: I have a loveseat and chair from my Baba with beautiful wooden legs and trim in my den that needs upholstery. But the places I called say I need to strip them right down and need new foam cushions, paddings, and even the criss cross heavy ties underneath done because it's so old. I don't think I can even do that part. I wouldn't even know where to buy that stuff. I do like the idea of using a staple-gun though! Blammo!
    misskitty, you can do it. I've done it and it's not as difficult as you think it is and there must be a store in your city that sells foam - check the yellow pages. One important thing, though - don't use the staplegun on the supportive strapping underneath (you can buy nylon strapping from most fabric stores). Staples are great for keeping the upholstery in place, but they won't support much weight, so if you staple the straps in, you will fall through. Use upholstery nails - generally available at a good quality hardware store. And make sure they aren't any longer than the depth of the wood you're nailing into.

If you do try this, good luck!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2218159;
    I made our reservations for Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island so we can see the lilacs blooming, hopefully.
    We're going there this summer, it will be my first trip to Michigan. We will be coming through Wisconsin so were thinking of taking that car ferry across the lake.

Gut there's a J.Jill not too far from me. I haven't been in it but I've gotten the catalogs. They're next door to Coldwater Creek and that's MY store.

Marley when are you going? We'll be on the island on June 12 and 13 and in Mackinaw City the next two days. We went and looked at the ferry bu my husband isn't about to ride it. I'd love to. You can get their booklet on line. Did you already know that?

I better get to the store. We're expecting an inch of snow tomorrow so I better go stock up on milk, toilet paper, eggs and bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2218301;
    Gut there's a J.Jill not too far from me. I haven't been in it but I've gotten the catalogs. They're next door to Coldwater Creek and that's MY store.
    I really like the clothes in Coldwater Creek's catalog too, and about half of them are also in plus sizes. Haven't ordered from there, but keep threatening to! Actually, I need to get into one of their stores and see what size I wear in their styles. I've noticed that if you shop somewhere a little pricier than my usual Cato's and Wal-Mart you usually wear a size or even two smaller!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2218389;
    I better get to the store. We're expecting an inch of snow tomorrow so I better go stock up on milk, toilet paper, eggs and bread.
    Oh no!!! Not an inch!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2218389;

You're in my thoughts, Unk.

We had almost a 1/2 inch yesterday, and I seriously don't know how we're going to manage! The grass is almost completely covered now!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

But at least it's melting now! It's finally warm enough that I was able to empty the compost bucket!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread