+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree18521Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I need to vent...my local CBS station is so frustrating. I missed Survivor (live) wed thanks to ACC basketball tournament. Missed BBT last night for a game that was also being shown on ESPN. I will miss 2 more of my fave shows tonight! Its not even truly March Madness yet! There are certain shows I make a point to watch when its aired because of the spoiler factor, and it bugs me when they play sports instead! I guess I should know better by now cuz they do it every year. GRR!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't realize today was Friday the 13th until I heard a co-worker mention it.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I need to vent...my local CBS station is so frustrating. I missed Survivor (live) wed thanks to ACC basketball tournament. Missed BBT last night for a game that was also being shown on ESPN. I will miss 2 more of my fave shows tonight! Its not even truly March Madness yet! There are certain shows I make a point to watch when its aired because of the spoiler factor, and it bugs me when they play sports instead! I guess I should know better by now cuz they do it every year. GRR!
    ACC rules everything in the South. It's true. lol At least here in NC. I think what our local channel has been doing is airing the shows at 2:00 a.m. or something like that. All I could suggest is to set the DVR to record from 1:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. each night. Normally, just before the game, they'll tell you when regular programming will air.

I don't have DVR but I can watch on demand. They advertise these shows all week and I never realize til I settle in and change the channel. I don't know why I thought it would only be Wed this week, but after last night I double checked for tonight so I knew I wont be able watch them. There is an alternate CBS here (an offshoot of our main CBS station), I wish they would have shown the shows on that at least but they went with Walking Dead repeats.

I didn't think about it being Fri the 13th til I got to work too!
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Last month had a Friday the 13th too. The next one will be in November.
    cablejockey likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I didnt realize it was Friday the 13th until I just read it, thanks
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

shyra, regarding medical equipment, around here there are a couple of options. In my area, there's a nonprofit that gives used home care equipment out free in 3 counties. We found out about it when I was caring for my mother. We got several items from them. After caring for my mother and then my MIL (who both passed away), we returned what we had borrowed and gave them the other medical home care supplies that we had purchased. People donate unused supplies after their loved ones have passed on, so there were also things there like boxes of adult diapers, cases of Ensure, etc.

In a neighboring county, the Red Cross runs a similar service, though on a much smaller scale.

Maybe there's something like that in your area; I wouldn't have known about the one around here if a friend hadn't told me; it's not well publicized at all.
    shyra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    shyra, regarding medical equipment, around here there are a couple of options. In my area, there's a nonprofit that gives used home care equipment out free in 3 counties. We found out about it when I was caring for my mother. We got several items from them. After caring for my mother and then my MIL (who both passed away), we returned what we had borrowed and gave them the other medical home care supplies that we had purchased. People donate unused supplies after their loved ones have passed on, so there were also things there like boxes of adult diapers, cases of Ensure, etc.

In a neighboring county, the Red Cross runs a similar service, though on a much smaller scale.

Maybe there's something like that in your area; I wouldn't have known about the one around here if a friend hadn't told me; it's not well publicized at all.
    Thanks, I used to work at Red Cross and they do lend out their equipment. The problem with this is that the chair needed...most if not all don't have those to lend out. It makes it harder because Chuck is 7ft 2 in so it also has to have an extra part on it for his height. The mobility store near them took out a chair for him yesterday and is will to take payments on it but still it is 2499. The others that can get it and rent it want $1000 a month so she decided just to buy one for his remaining time here.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    What is BBT?
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    What is BBT?
    I'll guess and say Big Bang Theory.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread