+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6247Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Our grocery store has goat milk yogurt. They also have a store brand (Hannaford "Inspirations") dessert yogurt that is made from cream with fancy flavors like plum, apple walnut, orange (paste made out of almonds and sugar?), etc. It is dangerous if you like really rich food.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2212701;
    Lois Lane: I'm sorry if I gave you the willies with those pics. Didn't mean to. It must be hard to have a strong phobia.
    Aw misskitty, no problem! You couldn't have known about my phobia! I much prefer photos of cute puppies and kitties!

Thanks Lois!

On a different subject, I'm thinking of buying a small easy simple sewing machine. I have some clothes that are a bit large and need some taking in which I think I can do myself. The cost of taking them to get professionally altered from a tailor might even exceed what I paid for them. Although I know a sewing machine is quite a bit more than that. Go figure.

But does anyone have any suggestions? No sergers or fancy things. Just simple back and forth stuff.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Just wanted to post something about a Big Brother / Big Sisters event that I'll be a part of next month.
    Austin Bowl for Kids Sake - 2/23/07 8:30PM
    http://austinbowl.kintera.org/faf/te...lteams=1727574 and I am on the Corporate Malfeasance Team
    http://austinbowl.kintera.org/faf/r....5234-160618574

Whatever you can give (even $5!) will help us out! Thanks in advance and if this shouldn't be posted here or if anyone is offended, I apologize in advance and if there is a moderator around, please delete this!
    Event Info:
    Bowl for Kids' Sake raises money in order to match even more children in Central Texas with volunteer mentors. This year our goal is to raise $160,000, which will allow us to make and support more matches. We hope you will join us this year by forming your own team to raise funds to further our mission. Teams raise money between December and February, and then come out to a bowling party with free bowling, free food, and lots of good times on February 23, 24, or 25, 2007 at Highland Lanes, located at 8900 Burnet Road. Our theme this year is 'A Night in Hollywood' - so come out dressed as your favorite actor/actress, movie character, or dressed for the Oscars! Costumes are optional, but encouraged. We also have corporate sponsorships available as well as company bowls. Please contact us for more information on both of these opportunities.
    Event Location:
    Highland Lanes, 8909 Burnet Road Austin, Texas 78757

I'm going to butt in here and bring up an old subject-- the cassette or record player-to hard drive gizmo that we were talking about a while back.
    I actually ordered the thing and am happy to report that it's no trouble at all to transfer music to your hard drive this way! And this is from a usually stupid person. I did record the first tape with the sound levels adjusted too high, and it sounded bad...I missed the instruction about that. On the second try, it was fine. Anyway, I just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was serious about wanting this but was afraid it might not work. And thanks again to whoever first showed it to us here!
    Now, if my computer will just stop being cranky; here lately it's been acting strangely even though I've eliminated all the usual suspects (spyware, viruses, etc.) I hope the next thing won't be a whole new machine, then again, if mine breaks then I'd have an excuse...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2213974;
    Thanks Lois!

On a different subject, I'm thinking of buying a small easy simple sewing machine. I have some clothes that are a bit large and need some taking in which I think I can do myself. The cost of taking them to get professionally altered from a tailor might even exceed what I paid for them. Although I know a sewing machine is quite a bit more than that. Go figure.

But does anyone have any suggestions? No sergers or fancy things. Just simple back and forth stuff.
    Your basic Singer should be just the thing, but don't get the cheapest - they don't have enough of a life span or power (or maybe I sew too much). At any rate, I would strongly recommend that you get a machine with an automatic buttonholer, along with the basic straight and zig zag stitches (all you really need). If you really take to sewing and decide to try making your own clothes, you will regret not having one.

If you have any basic sewing questions, let me know. I'm not a wiz, by any means, but I do make nearly all my own clothes and I've reupholstered most of our furniture, so I do know a couple of things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

queenb, can you post what model you bought and, if you don't mind, about how much it cost. It's great that someone here tried it and liked it! Thanks!

queenb, is it this thing?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've gotten emails stating that it is in stock.....just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.....or looking for the turntable!

Glad it was easy to figure out. I don't do well with "complicated" things.

Lois, it costs $49.99. And credit goes to Harmoj who turned us on to this little goody post#2216!

go check it out at http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/85fb/

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2214413;
    Lois, it costs $49.99. And credit goes to Harmoj who turned us on to this little goody post#2216!
    Excellent! Thanks so much for the info... Sounds like a reasonable enough price, too!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2214108;
    I actually ordered the thing and am happy to report that it's no trouble at all to transfer music to your hard drive this way! ... Anyway, I just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was serious about wanting this but was afraid it might not work. And thanks again to whoever first showed it to us here!
    I'm so glad to hear that it works!

+ Reply to Thread