+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Currently we don't have any and i hope it stays like that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2211153;
    Lois, it doesn't matter how clean you are - this time of year they just want to be warm and toasty.
    I wish they'd be warm and toasty in my cat's mouth...

Ive kept a couple mousetraps in several rooms of this house. I HATE mice! One night I saw one run out from behind my washer, and since, I have kept traps all over the place - even poison.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I think mice are cute as pets from the pet store. But not those wild ones that sneak into your house. I've only seen the one that one of my kitties brought into the den and laid him there for me as a gift, all nicely licked clean. But looking totally unharmed. Gracie and Mr. Tootles still won't fess up which one of them brought the little mousey in the housey.

If your mousey is still around in a year, you could always throw it a birthday party! I hear they like Pockey and warm sweaters.

Attachment 19122Attachment 19123Attachment 19124
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-05-2007 at 10:55 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ohhhh, misskitty! Those mice pics give me the shivers...
    I just don't think there's anything remotely cute about a mouse...at all.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Okay, Lois, don't read this.

A few years ago when we were living in another house, I was home one day, just relaxing, cleaning and watching TV, and I had left the back door open to air out the house after a long winter. I hear a crunching noise behind me, so I turn around to see which cat has decided to finally come inside and have a snack, but what I see is a rat about the size of a squirrel sitting on his haunches in front of the cat bowl, holding a piece of kibble in his paws, chowing down and staring at me. I leapt out of my chair with an agility that is astonishing in someone of my girth, grabbed the broom that was leaning against the wall, and then promptly froze. I stood staring at the rat, as was Harvey, who was sitting on the table and wisely not attacking something of that size, and the rat stared back at me. I was freaked to the point of immobility. So after a 30 second stare-a-thon that lasted an eternity, the rat sank to the floor and took a run at me. At that point, Harvey was off the table like a shot and he, bless his furry little heart, chased that giant freakin' rodent out the back door, which I slammed on his scaly butt. Speak about eeeek!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Rattus, I read the first couple sentences but then stopped myself when I saw the word rat. Thanks for the warning. I appreciate it.

I realize that my phobia sounds completely crazy and I don't mean to censor anyone on here--and please feel free to ignore me...but I literally almost can't breathe when I see pictures of rodents. Even pictures of them being cute. If anyone posts more mouse photos, can someone--anyone--please PM me and warn me so that I don't go into that thread for a few days (when I'm hoping the pix will be on an old page)? It's not you. It's me. I can't even explain it and you all probably think I'm cuckoo (which I wouldn't argue, I guess). It's just a thing. An actual phobia of mine--not made up. Thank you! (I'm hoping enough people post on this page tonight so that the mouse photos disappear onto an old page that I won't see anymore...)

I'm posting to help you out Lois. But I actually think the mouse pics are cute. I would act that way if it was cockroaches. They're the size of mice down here.

Rattus - Oh my! Thank goodness for Harvey! I'd have been screaming my butt off!

LoisLane - That's why a phobia is a phobia. You don't have to explain or to apologize. If you don't want to see the pictures, you can click on the "go to the last post" arrow and scroll backwards to a safe spot until the page turns.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Lois, if you're ever in NY, please forgo the subway. I promise you wouldn't like it. I don't like it half the time myself.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread