+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6790Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2210375;
    I'm so excited, I sent my husband to the store for a bunch of Italian flat-leaf parsley and he actually came home with the correct thing.
    It's all part of men's master plan of feigned incompetence. Just when you think we are hopeless, we'll do something right so you keep us around a little longer.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2210418;
    I'm impressed, Marley. I have trouble telling the difference between it and cilantro unless I smell it.
    Yeah, they look alike, but (good) cilantro is very pungent, once you put your nose to it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member
    Well, I spoke too soon. When I got in the kitchen and got my hands on it I knew right away it was cilantro. I'm cooking Italian today but I used it anyway. I give him credit for effort though.

I have the same problem here....so I just look like the stupid gringa with her nose stuck in the herbs!! One smell and you can tell.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2210535;
    I have the same problem here....so I just look like the stupid gringa with her nose stuck in the herbs!! One smell and you can tell.
    I didn't smell it when he showed it to me but as soon as I cut into it I knew. I can't wait until spring when I can plant my own herb garden again, then I can be like the Barefoot Contessa and just walk outside and cut them myself.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    bbnbama, I love you to death but please DO NOT POST PHOTOS OF MICE!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo phobic about them!!! (Your post was cute, though--other than the mouse photo).

Well, the mouse apparently had a friend and we caught it today. (And by we I mean the trap that my husband set, and then cleared out once it did its job.) He said it was the same tiny size as the one the trap got a week or so ago. He said they're smaller than field mice. All I know is that it's a mouse. EEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I am completely freaked out 'cause I have this total mouse phobia (as mentioned above...and I'm sure it was obvious even without me saying it!) AND I'm a clean freak so now I feel like the entire house has to be disinfected. I have no idea how these mice are getting in. Our house is pretty sealed up and, as I said in my earlier post, I keep a really clean house and we have no food left outside. And I know that someone was kind enough to point out earlier that getting mice doesn't mean you're not a clean person/don't keep a clean house, but I still feel "dirty." OK, I'll try not to be so melodramatic...

p.s. I know I should consider myself very fortunate that this is my biggest problem right now...but they really do creep me out.

Signed,
    Pathetic Lois

Lois, at least your traps are working. My mouse is still MIA. I've been looking and still no evidence of him. I'm just hoping he got some of the pellets and went outside to let nature takes its course.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2210195;
    Mimzy - I can add to this... my dad was a general practioner when I was growing up with his home number in the phonebook. If people couldn't reach him at the office (any time day or night) they would call our home. We were taught to answer the phone, "Dr. XXX's residence, XXX speaking". From the time I was old enough to answer the phone, if my dad wasn't home, people would tell me the entire extent of their medical problems. Hello? He isn't here. You're asking a 7 year old child to diagnose your problem!
    Well - I guess it could be a good education. I know I learned a lot about personal behavior from all my little "friends".
    Some people can really make you wonder about the whole human race.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2210952;
    Lois, at least your traps are working. My mouse is still MIA. I've been looking and still no evidence of him. I'm just hoping he got some of the pellets and went outside to let nature takes its course.
    I'm sure that's what happened!

Lois, it doesn't matter how clean you are - this time of year they just want to be warm and toasty.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread