+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 2324 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast
Like Tree4524Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    In the petpeeves thread I posted about a cat problem I am having. There are 3 domestic cats that I see lurking about and about twice that many feral cats.
    My problem: cat poop in my yard. I have to go on poop patrol every morning before I can take my kids outside to play.

Does anyone know of an effective cat repellant?
    I had a similar problem. There are a ton of wild cats in my neighborhood. We live in a mobile home and the cats were digging under my house and actually dug a hole in my floor.

This will probably only work for you if your own cats don't go outside. Go to a hunting supply store and buy a bottle of wolf urine. It sounds weird but they have it. What you need to do is spray it around the perimiter of your yard. They will smell predator and stay away.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I had a similar problem. There are a ton of wild cats in my neighborhood. We live in a mobile home and the cats were digging under my house and actually dug a hole in my floor.

This will probably only work for you if your own cats don't go outside. Go to a hunting supply store and buy a bottle of wolf urine. It sounds weird but they have it. What you need to do is spray it around the perimiter of your yard. They will smell predator and stay away.
    One of the most hysterical moments in my marriage (well I thought it was hysterical, hubby was NOT amused) was a trip to a sporting goods shop that sold hunting supplies and they had all this urine. Various species of it and I made a comment about it being like the perfume counter at Dillards and would we be trying out the "samples" that I thought deer urine might be particularly attractive. This said while I was snorting with laughter and bending over holding my knees I was laughing so hard. I got the disgusted look and he moved on to the fishing rods. But not before telling me that hunters actually put this stuff ON THEMSELVES!!!!! Oh, that got me laughing even harder. Needless to say I am not invited back to the sporting goods store anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    But not before telling me that hunters actually put this stuff ON THEMSELVES!!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW W!!!!

Alright, I think I'm going to buy a bottle, fill the supersoaker and spray that danged Tabernac. Wish me luck.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Duxxy: if the cats are going in your sandbox or flower beds, place a lot of sticks throughout: some tilted this way and others tilted that way. (a little bigger than chopsticks) They hate having to step in amongst the sticks in order to get comfortable. It actually makes it terribly uncomfortable to them to even sit down. Give that a try. At least it's non toxic!

Thank you misskitty!! Excellent idea! I'm running to get my bbq skewers now!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'd offer to lend you my Newfs, but the big lugs would probably just ask the cats over for lemonade.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newfherder: Lemonade? Sounds wonderful....what time should we all arrive? I'll bring the vodka.

Rattus: I hope it works out for your and doesn't smell too bad in the hot sun (PS you said a swear word )

myrosiedog: I agree. Ewwwwwwww!
    --------------
    Gotta get my butt in gear and go get a blood test. Nurses forgot to do it when I was at the hospital last week. And they drew blood then anyway. Just forgot this one little vial. I hate that when that happens. The lab I go to has a little fighting fish named Bruce. Maybe I'll say Hi to him while I'm there. Such an exciting day ahead.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    [Rattus: I hope it works out for your and doesn't smell too bad in the hot sun (PS you said a swear word )
    I know - that's the name we gave the pesky tabby that's been spraying the entire street. Only a Canadian would understand .

My sympathies on your having to return to the hospital. It is sssooooo annoying when they forget things/lose things, especially when they make you wait for such a long time in the first place.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I have dirty neighbors, want to switch?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I have a neighbor who is really a nasty teenage kid. He's one that's kind of left to fend on his own a lot, and he is trespassing on mr. angelic's land with a 4-wheeler, and acting really defiant about it. mr. angelic told this kid to stay out of his field the other day, and now his business mailbox there at the site was smashed!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread