+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2209397;
    MRD - I would have replied sooner, but I just got out of jail this morning . . . Just kidding!

See . . . I told you I wouln't really have any good advice! But hey - at least I didn't just get out of jail . . . or did I . . .

Well at least I got a good laugh reading your post.

Yeah, my problem is the same. After they start talking I usually sit there and listen as I don't know any nice way to extricate myself from the conversation and I hate to be rude. Even if being rude keeps me out of these situations.
    I do happen to meet some really nice people too, so I guess it balances out, but it just amazes me what people will tell other people. I mean really.
    She was in her psychiatrists office, so am assuming she could talk to HER, but choose me. Hmm, the things you hear and learn. Amazes me every day.

The ipod is a good idea or at least using a set of earbuds going into a pocket. They don't have to know you don't have an ipod in that pocket do they?

Now, you just stay out of jail ok?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I was in 9th grade a boy in my class listened to the World Series on the radio via the earpiece - he told substitute it was his hearing aid. I don't know if she believed him or just didn't have it in her to argue.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Back in the days of the Walkman, if I went into work and was having an irritable morning, I'd just put the earphones on, but the Walkman wouldn't be turned on (the Walkman was on my belt). I could hear everything that was going on, but I wasn't expected to answer or talk. It Was Perfect!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe this belongs in Pet Peeves, but here works for me. Why do so many people think that they can make their own rules? Our little grandkid had his second awards ceremony at school today. It starts at 2:30. Last time they had one we got there about 2:15 and had to stand up. This morning I called the school to see what time we could get in to sit down. They told me to come to the office about 2:00 and sign in, then we'd be among the first to be seated. We were the third people there with only one man before us. We signed in and were told to take seats in the hall until they allowed us to go to the "Cafetorium". We sat. Others came in, signed and just strolled right on down. Many of them did that after being told the same as we were told, sit and wait. When we were told we could go down there was sort of a doorbuster thing going on with everyone intending to be the first through. Once inside, there was a young woman who attempted to reserve the entire front row for her friends. We sat down, on the front row, and she came back, looked at me and in one breath said "excuse me so that I can sit next to my daughter (a teenager) please thank you very much". Now since this is a free program I have to assume that she didn't have reserved seat tickets so why should she feel that she had the authority to reserve an entire row? And why did she think it was okay for her to go on to the room when we had been asked not to? I notice more and more that people refuse to obey simple rules or requests. What if we ALL did that?

Mudah, that would have royally ticked me off! I just don't understand the sense of entitlement that so many people seem to have today - that if THEY want it, then who is anyone to say otherwise. I hope you kept your seat and just let her stew about not having her "reserved" seats. I know . . . that's probably not a nice thing for me to say - I mean, I'm the first to bend over backwards when someone needs something . . . it's when they expect - or DEMAND it that gets me riled up enough to want to say, "Uh uh, girlfriend - I don't think so!"
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202102;
    Mouse 2007 update: the mouse is out of our house. The trap my husband set up worked. The critter's last meal was peanut butter. I hope he doesn't have any relatives here still...
    pssst....Lois...your mouse "Guido" sent his friend to check up on you....
    He's better prepared than Guido...he's got a helmet on!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Mrs. RosieDog - I'm sorry to tell you, but you are stuck! I've had this vibe my whole life. It's the flashing neon sign on my forehead!
    A bit frightening for a child to have adults telling me life secrets and dreams. I've learned not to answer Anyone in the produce section of the grocery store. Move fast - grab what I can. lol Don't ask me what it is about that place but men/women old & young will flock to me. The video store is lethal and the library is where you meet the lonely and sad.
    I've had this sneaky feeling that at times I wonder how much info I could get out of people. Some of the stuff I've heard! And I wasn't even trying to befriend them. I've been tried to be given phone and cell numbers but I always set the card or paper down - showing that I will not take it or Ever call them! One told me her bank and credit history. But not the card number. If I had been sweet would she have given me the number?
    Could I actually get social security numbers? Pin Numbers?
    I'm not the most open, friendly person. I'm polite. But it is a constant saying everywhere I go - "you are so sweet" or " you are so kind". Does this mean that everyone else in their live's is horrid and cruel?
    So Rosie - that sign is going to keep flashing. Help where you can & and ignore the weirdos. Good luck!
    Last edited by Mimzy; 01-20-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Mimzy - I can add to this... my dad was a general practioner when I was growing up with his home number in the phonebook. If people couldn't reach him at the office (any time day or night) they would call our home. We were taught to answer the phone, "Dr. XXX's residence, XXX speaking". From the time I was old enough to answer the phone, if my dad wasn't home, people would tell me the entire extent of their medical problems. Hello? He isn't here. You're asking a 7 year old child to diagnose your problem!
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    I'm so excited, I sent my husband to the store for a bunch of Italian flat-leaf parsley and he actually came home with the correct thing.

I'm impressed, Marley. I have trouble telling the difference between it and cilantro unless I smell it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread