+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4436Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Believe me, the older the parents the more they share. Yes, I want to know about your health problems but not that much.

My Dad has been in the hospital 4 times in three years and each time I have seen more of my Dad's body then I saw in the first 38 years of my life. It's bad enough to know exactly how he looks down there but please don't give the details of whats not working.

My dad had an unfortunate incident after surgery in which the pump that helps suction fluid from the surgery site was hooked up backwards. So it was in effect, blowing him up like a balloon, little by little. By the time I was able to convince the nurses that there was a problem, he was extremely puffy. He took great glee in informing everyone in earshot that he was also huge "down there". Yeah, dad, you're hilarious. :nono
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2207278;
    My dad had an unfortunate incident after surgery in which the pump that helps suction fluid from the surgery site was hooked up backwards. So it was in effect, blowing him up like a balloon, little by little. By the time I was able to convince the nurses that there was a problem, he was extremely puffy. He took great glee in informing everyone in earshot that he was also huge "down there". Yeah, dad, you're hilarious. :nono
    When I lived in my little small town, I had a friend who's father accidently shot the tip of his finger off. After having surgery to repair what they could, it healed with a weird scar and the nail never grew back. Well it looked like a, you know, what we've been talking about. He took great delight in showing it to everyone. I had run into him one day and he showed it to me. I was so embarrassed and I was a grown woman at that time. I also ran into my friend, his daughter later that day and told her that I had seen her dad and he had shown me his finger. She said: "Oh, my lord, he's embarrassing the crap out of me showing that thing off". I told her: "well he's proud, its not every man that has two!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2207343;
    I told her: "well he's proud, its not every man that has two!"
    You are on a roll today, girl!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2207468;
    You are on a roll today, girl!
    some days are better than others!

MRD
    Weather update 4:17 a.m.

It did apparantly snow here for about, oh, 3 seconds. I thought it had rained, but upon closer inspection of the roof of my car, it was actually a small smattering of snowflakes which I missed seeing fall.

From the radar, looks like we are going to miss most of whatever else was supposed to hit us and the temp is about 9 degrees higher than they expected.

So, no snow for me going back to bed

MRD, I'm sorry to hear you went to all the trouble of waking up so early, and you didn't even get any. (Snow, I mean!)
    Maybe you'll get another chance; the worst winter stuff here is usually in February or even March.
    I did get to make extra money today, staying over 3 hours to make sure everyone made it to work through the non-existant winter weather. The people who make these decisions do so before they go to bed, you know! Here in GA, it's just plain crappy, what with lots of rain and its just at 32-33 degrees.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Just talked to hubby and he is about 30 min closer to the NC border and at a higher elevation near the mountains working today and they have icicles hanging off the house they are working on.

Yes, its amazing how wrong the weather people are sometimes. Today is just a normal, winter drizzly day here around 32 degrees but it actually feels warmer.

Still staying home out of it as I hate driving in the rain anytime

MRD
    Not sure what category this falls into so thought I would post it here.

I've known for sometime that my life is not exactly normal, but really who's is. However, it seems for some cosmic force of the universe that any really weird person seeks me out and begins to tell me things that I wouldn't tell anyone.

I have depression. I've probably mentioned it before. Have had it for years, its under control with meds, normally have no problems as long as I take the meds. I also have fibromyalgia so my dr. decided about a week ago to add a med that helps with depression and has been shown to be effective on fibromyalgia (be patient, have to give background). Well I ran out of samples and the ins. company we now have wants the dr. to jump through hoops in order for them to approve the medication to get the Rx filled.
    I call, they don't return calls. I call again.

So this morning, I had to have a shot and the "mental health provider" is in the same building, so I decide to drop in and ASK for more samples until I can get the ins. to approve. Number one the receptionist is extremely non helpful on a good day. So I have to wait 45 min. to talk to the psychiatrist to get more samples (which they don't have, now have to make another appt which is another story). While waiting, and remember I am in a psychiatrists office, so assuming that the other patients all have some mental health "issues". The woman next to me strikes up a conversation. I was reading so it wasn't like I was sitting there inviting conversation. She proceeds to tell me this long drawn out story about her daughters broken leg, the teacher at her school not letting her go to the nurse and the mother going in to talk to the principal upon which she then begains wailing on him and gets arrested!!!!!! And that she is there seeing the dr. on a court order. OK. We all have problems, but some should be private right? Or not told to complete strangers. I mean, I probably wouldn't tell this to my minister or my best friend, let alone a stranger.

Well, she finally gets called back, I am told I have to make appt. The receptionist says: when do you want to see the dr. I say: Mon?
    No, she's not in.

Tues?

OK, what time?

1 or 2?

No, she's not in

10?

No she has appt.

Well then WHEN can SHE see me?

Why don't they just tell you that up front instead of going through the whole when do you want to come in. Just tell me when she has a free appt.

Anyway, this is now the 2nd time I've had to hear a jail story. A couple years ago I was PTO president and was at a party when another PTO president from the elementary school tells me that she can't attend the PTO meeting at the middle school as she thinks she will be in jail by then because she assaulted her daughters boyfriend. WHAT???? And she's in charge of the elementary school PTO?

I have decided that that is a very good excuse though for when you are asked to attend things you'd rather not attend because if you say that, NO ONE ever asks you again. "Sorry, can't make your pampered chef party, I think I will be in jail that night". Believe me, you'll never get another invitation!

Anyway, all this has happened before 9:30 a.m. with only one cup of coffee.
    I AM flypaper for freaks.
    There has to be some sort of curse lifting ceremony I can go through to get these people from seeking me out. Anyone????

MRD - I would have replied sooner, but I just got out of jail this morning . . . Just kidding!

I don't know if it's more reflective of the kind of person you are, or the kind of people that they are, but I do think that people who are confident, positive, friendly people (like I am sure you are!) must exude an air of openness that invites others to share. I think that says something good about you . . . however annoying it probably is!

I'm just a naturally friendly person, and when I've been that same kind of "flypaper", I find it difficult to be able to graciously get out of an awkward conversation, so I don't know that I have any helpful advice, as I tend to listen patiently and eagerly look forward to whatever type of escape I can find! I don't own an iPod or anything, but I can see how something like that with earphones might make someone a little more aprehensive to interrupting someone . . . but I think there are some people who are so self-absorbed that they think everyone else is equally intrigued by their lives and their problems, and they would probably find a way to intrude into your time and good graces no matter how you tried to divert them.

See . . . I told you I wouln't really have any good advice! But hey - at least I didn't just get out of jail . . . or did I . . .
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread