+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2204422;
    I thought the WKRP in Cincinnati version of that was hysterical, do you mean it really happened???
    That's what someone told me at the time...but I admit I have zero proof of that!

Did anyone see in the news recently that redheads will be extinct in 100 years? Since it's a recessive gene and people are moving around more globally, the incidence of recessives breeding together has been declining at an alarming rate. They showed the graph the prediction was made from and it does indeed seem to be on it's way out. My whole family is red headed (me being the exception). Sad.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2205096;
    Did anyone see in the news recently that redheads will be extinct in 100 years? Since it's a recessive gene and people are moving around more globally, the incidence of recessives breeding together has been declining at an alarming rate. They showed the graph the prediction was made from and it does indeed seem to be on it's way out. My whole family is red headed (me being the exception). Sad.
    That's a shame, I love redheads. My first boyfriend had the most beautiful red hair. My husbands father had red hair and we hoped our daughter would get it, but nope.

Hmmm, might be able to incorporate this into our biology class. More interesting than those peas.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've also heard a similar report that there will be no natural blondes in so many years. Don't remember if it's 50 or 100 years or whatever. I'll have to do some googling to see if I can find an article about it.

Premium Member
    With so many people coloring their hair these days nobody will probably even know the difference. I have decided to stop coloring my hair and just let the gray grow out. One more haircut and I'll almost be a Q-tip.

Barley, gray hair? What's that? I tried to grow mine out a few years ago, but when my roots got a little over an inch, that was it for me, and I went running back to the beauty supply store. I admire you.

Our daughter has a beautiful shade of dark red hair (she's adopted, so I can't claim any responsibility for it ), and can't go anywhere without people commenting about it. I've never seen a hair coloring that even comes close to the real thing, and it will be a sad day when the color dies out.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

When I started letting my hair grow naturally a few years ago, I only had white hair in the middle, like a skunk. Now there's a little brown left around and pure white on the top, like an aged skunk. The only reason I would ever color my hair again would be to be able to style it a little easier.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've had friends tell me that when the white hair that they saw in the mirror matched what they felt inside...that was when they would stop using hair color. I thought that was interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    I've got a good inch of gray roots, and I wear my hair pretty short so it's showing up pretty good. I was afraid of having a skunk stripe but it's blending in nicely. I decided to stop coloring when the last time I did it the new growth turned mostly pink. The gray isn't taking the color very well, and I got tired of having to color every 3-4 weeks. I always seemed to have this rim of gray that perfectly framed my face, and it was getting harder and harder to keep up with it. I have already had someone at work tell me that I will look really old, and the same person told me that I should consider coloring in the summer because summer is when you really want to look your best. I swear people will say the darndest things.

My manager let all her grey grow in, and she's got a very cool short, spiky haircut. She wears young-ish clothes, funky jewelry, and she doesn't look old at all. I'm taking a page from her book and letting my natural colour grow in (brown-black with a very liberal sprinkling of grey threads).

Marley, that's unreal. Co-workers, mothers and mother-in-laws seems to be notorious for being a little TOO forthcoming at times.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread