+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6180Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Archie, this mouse liked to hang out behind our oven...and we had put traps everywhere else but... After reading someone else's post here about where their mouse hung out and finding a few of its droppings, we (and by "we," I mean the husband) put a trap back there. It took a few days but blammo! Good luck with yours! The peanut butter worked like a charm! (Well, not for the mouse...)

If peanut butter alone doesn't work, I (also meaning my husband ) had luck with p.b. on a cheeto.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2202116;
    Play-doh belongs in the pet peeves thread. I'm just happy I don't have any carpets. My son has the scented play dohs. My hubby and I threw the chocolate-scented one because the smell was so strong it made us sick. Never thought I would see the day when I said no to chocolate...

My mother used to MAKE playdoh for us. You could scent it and color it however you wanted. I don't remember the recipe, but it worked just like regular playdoh. And it tasted salty.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I made play doh...it lasts way longer when it is homemade. My kids loved it. It is flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar, and whatever food colouring you want. Nothing like warm play doh...lol1

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2202191;
    If peanut butter alone doesn't work, I (also meaning my husband ) had luck with p.b. on a cheeto.
    Leave it to you to serve your mouse an hors d'oeuvre!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2202207;
    I made play doh...it lasts way longer when it is homemade. My kids loved it. It is flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar, and whatever food colouring you want. Nothing like warm play doh...lol1
    Basic Cooked Playdough
    (Recipe can easily be doubled or quadrupled. For the classroom, I quadrupled the recipe, which used exactly one small jar 1.5 ounce Cream of Tartar.)

1 cup Water
    1 Tablespoon Oil
    Food color of choice

1 cup Flour
    1/3 cup Salt
    1 Tablespoon Cream of Tartar

Mix water, oil, food color in a heavy pot. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, stirring until mostly smooth. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thick and lumpy like a loose bread dough and it pulls away from the sides of the pan. Turn out onto floured surface. When cool enough to handle but still warm, knead until smooth. If sticky, knead in additional flour. Store in an airtight container. Should last several weeks to a couple months. This playdough does not dry well - it cracks. It should not be used for modeling clay.

Options for textured or scented playdough:
    Before cooking: add any of the following: vanilla, mint or orange extract, spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, small package Kool-Aid.
    After cooking: glitter or used, dry coffee grounds for texture
    Make 2 colors, let the kids mix to make a new color (i.e. yellow & red=orange).
    Make a plain batch (no food color), let the kids use crayola markers to add colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202211;
    Leave it to you to serve your mouse an hors d'oeuvre!
    I can't understand why no one ever wants to come over for snacks.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2202198;
    My mother used to MAKE playdoh for us. You could scent it and color it however you wanted. I don't remember the recipe, but it worked just like regular playdoh. And it tasted salty.
    So Lucy, what flavor Kool-aid do you serve with playdoh?

George Carlin on flying?

Anyone know what the actual track title is for the George Carlin skit about flying? It includes a saftey lecture but it starts out by making fun of the announcements that say "We will now begin preboarding". George Carlin says "What does that mean? We get on before we get on?" "We will now board those passengers with small children". And it goes on from there. I'm trying to find it on Itunes but I need the actual title.
    Thanks
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Is Stephanie
    Couldn't you just type in "George Carlin" and see what comes up that might be relevant? Because there's the 30 second preview clips, if it's there, you will probably be able to find it.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread