+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5920Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Great kitchen gadgets. Must check out the site.
    ------------
    Well, we're in the middle of a Blizzard! And I'm not talking about Dairy Queen. Did I already say that?

Anyway, HAD to mention that when arriving a few days ago, sweetie got stuck the back alley and then on the driveway and I had to push HIM into the garage. Whew! It was too funny. He has a Saturn with front wheel drive, but it sure sucks!

Then today, we spent the day with my snowblower doing the front walks and that of my neighbor's corner, the back walks and deck and finally the driveway.

Because it's so cold, I started my car, backed it out into the lane and went in and out from different angles several times so I could make new tracks in the snow to come into my driveway. Never got stuck. Not even once. Then sweetie started his car, backed it up, right into a snowbank getting stuck on the back right corner. I had to push him out. Well, tried. So here I am dragging out pieces of carpet from the garage at -34C to put under his spinning wheels. Then we switched places. I got to try and drive a stick so he could push. Which was an idea I liked better. We finally got the car out of that snowback and then slid right into another one straight ahead. The car was stuck on the midsection on a ridge of ice and snow, the front passenger corner in a snow pile, and two wheels in the ruts. Well, more shovelling to dislodge the car, more carpeting, and pushing. Finally got the Saturn facing the right way to get back into the garage and yes, got stuck again! Once it went it we closed all the doors.

Didn't go anywhere the rest of the day. No point. My little 20 year old rustbucket rocks!! His new Saturn......sucks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So here I am dragging out pieces of carpet from the garage at -34C to put under his spinning wheels.
    I first read that as "34C" and I was wondering how on earth you could have a blizzard at 93F

I had a Saturn for a while, and like your BF's, it wasn't much good in the snow. The ex got it in the divorce, which gave me some measure of revenge.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm laughing at the idea of a Saturn in snow. I have one, and the other day when it was the "very cold" temperature of 42 degrees, the turn signals just crapped out. Once the car warmed up, they worked; the mechanics said this happens from time to time in the cold. The damn thing was built in Vermont, which has GOT to be colder than south Louisiana, so you'd think that 42F wouldn't be a big to-do.

That blizzard pretty much shut us down yesterday. I left work before noon (good thing, I'd probably still be sitting in traffic if I hadn't ) and picked up my kids (good thing, or my 2nd-grader may have had to spend the night at school ). All the schools here are closed today, and my office decided to stay shut down as well. Right now I'm huddled in the corner at the computer, with all my living room furniture sitting in the kitchen because we're having our carpets cleaned (couldn't cancel the appointment, long backstory to that) and I have my girls plus the neighbour's little boy at the table playing Play-Doh and making the most ungodly mess. I think it would have been easier to just have gone into work today.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Mouse 2007 update: the mouse is out of our house. The trap my husband set up worked. The critter's last meal was peanut butter. I hope he doesn't have any relatives here still...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2202066;
    and I have my girls plus the neighbour's little boy at the table playing Play-Doh and making the most ungodly mess. I think it would have been easier to just have gone into work today.
    Too bad you couldn't have the carpet cleaned after the Play Doh party. At my house, it's always an ungodly mess and always ends up in the carpet.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2202112;
    Too bad you couldn't have the carpet cleaned after the Play Doh party. At my house, it's always an ungodly mess and always ends up in the carpet.
    Play-doh belongs in the pet peeves thread. I'm just happy I don't have any carpets. My son has the scented play dohs. My hubby and I threw the chocolate-scented one because the smell was so strong it made us sick. Never thought I would see the day when I said no to chocolate...

Lois Lane - Peanut butter wins again!

Oh man. I just found out I posted the same thing here 2 times because I kept trying to post it in recipes and I was messing up. I feel mentally challenged today I run away now!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202102;
    Mouse 2007 update: the mouse is out of our house. The trap my husband set up worked. The critter's last meal was peanut butter. I hope he doesn't have any relatives here still...
    I'm glad your mouse is gone and you don't have to worry about screaming and scaring the neigbors . Mine is still elusive although I haven't seen any evidence of him lately. I might have scared him off for a few days with all the banging around I did. But if he comes back, traps (also with peanut butter) are waiting!

+ Reply to Thread