+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 2499 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435751255251025 ... LastLast
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm trying to figure out my hair. It's shoulder length and wavey. When it's humid it curls in ringlets on 3/4's of my head, the rest of it just sort of waves more. I've had it shorter but that does nothing for me, I've had it longer but then I get lost in my hair. My stylist moved away and I haven't liked the last 2 cuts I've gotten from people and I do need one.

Hair is such a pain sometimes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

In the petpeeves thread I posted about a cat problem I am having. There are 3 domestic cats that I see lurking about and about twice that many feral cats.
    My problem: cat poop in my yard. I have to go on poop patrol every morning before I can take my kids outside to play.

Does anyone know of an effective cat repellant?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Okay, this is the last post about my hair - I swear. So I get home with my newly shorn head, which I discuss with Mr. Rattus when he gets home. He finally, finally, after 21 years together, gives me an opinion on hair - he likes longer hair on women. It's not like I'm the sort who does whatever her man likes, no matter how unpleasant to her, but I've been vacillating out loud and at length for so long that you think it would have occurred to him that an actual opinion would help me decide between appearance and comfort.

Duxxy, this is not something I can guarantee because I haven't tried it yet, though I am going to as soon as I pick up the stuff, but I plan to fill our supersoaker with a mixture of water and cat repellent and soak Tabernac's rump (Tabernac is the name we've given to the wretched tabby who sprays our window and door nearly every day), and then spray around the perimeter. I'm hoping that the memory of being sprayed will hit home every time he smells the repellent. And FYI, vinegar doesn't work in this regard. We've found that out personally and someone in the cat thread told me that vinegar just attracts cats.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    In the petpeeves thread I posted about a cat problem I am having. There are 3 domestic cats that I see lurking about and about twice that many feral cats.
    My problem: cat poop in my yard. I have to go on poop patrol every morning before I can take my kids outside to play.

Does anyone know of an effective cat repellant?
    OK, I'm totally ignorant about this as my cat is an angel and only goes in his litter box. But I thought cats buried their poop. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for the stray tabby who's made himself a fixture in our yard...

NLMCP, a friend has hair exactly like yours and it's under control most of the year but as you can imagine, we have really humid summers in Chicago. The best way she's kept it under control is by (a) going for professional blow outs at her salon once or twice a week (they use bionic products to keep her hair in place), but it's expensive and (b) wearing her hair in a French Braid (cheaper and she does it herself).

Rattus, men are clueless when it comes to hair and are often scared to say anything. Why he mentioned it AFTER you cut is is beyond me.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-12-2006 at 10:11 AM.

At least I know I am not alone out there. I think I'm going to try the ammonia trick that DesertRose suggested in the PP thread.

I should just get my husband to 'mark his territory' out there to keep the cats away
    Yeah, I've read too much Farley Mowat.

Lois, I thought they burried their poop too - apparently this one doesn't know any better. I'm assuming it's the same one because I've been finding the 'packages' in the same place.
    Hubby is going to buy another bag of rocks today and we are going to cover up all of the sand so it's not so inviting.
    I was thinking of covering my whole (covered) sandbox area with plastic tonight and see how that works.

Nancy I have the same problem as you do, I use a product called Bain de Terre recovery complex (anti-frizz shine serum) It's very light and you don't use much. My mom got it for me at Beauticians Supply so it should be available from your hairdresser.
    I have no advice other than that. I go with the flow of my hair. When I need to look professional I wear it up. If it's curly but not frizzy it looks like that's what you wanted it to look like all along

Rattus men all love longer hair... because they don't have to deal with it.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 07-12-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    Rattus men all love longer hair... because they don't have to deal with it.
    Actually Duxxy, my hubby loves short hair on women. He was sad when I decided to grow it out, but I find short hair doesn't suit my rounder face (aging and a pregnancy will do that to your face).

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Actually Duxxy, my hubby loves short hair on women. He was sad when I decided to grow it out, but I find short hair doesn't suit my rounder face (aging and a pregnancy will do that to your face).

That's rare to find a man that likes short hair. My husband drools over our wedding photos when my hair was way past my shoulders near my lower back. Of course ten cuts later I can't seem to grow it out! Does anyone have suggestions on products for growing out hair?

Thanks
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I stand corrected

Actually there are some women that just look better in shorter hair .. like Halley Berry IMO

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post
    That's rare to find a man that likes short hair. My husband drools over our wedding photos when my hair was way past my shoulders near my lower back. Of course ten cuts later I can't seem to grow it out! Does anyone have suggestions on products for growing out hair?

Thanks
    take your vitamins and keep getting small trims

Duxxy: if the cats are going in your sandbox or flower beds, place a lot of sticks throughout: some tilted this way and others tilted that way. (a little bigger than chopsticks) They hate having to step in amongst the sticks in order to get comfortable. It actually makes it terribly uncomfortable to them to even sit down. Give that a try. At least it's non toxic!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread