+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2199824;
    You all make me see that my box elder bug problem is a minimal problem, so..... 'preciate it! If I ever get a mouse, I know it's going to be a "Bad Day At Blackrock".
    Ugh, we used to have a box elder problem as well. They were gross (and very efficient at getting inside the house) but they're not an issue any more. And I'm not afraid of them. Like I am of this mouse...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Can't stand flying/crawly things in my house. They remind me of Ladybugs in their behavior...which I find totally disgusting!! Stupid cats are of no help!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    So we now have the mouse watch and the chicken broth countdown going on? Someone please keep a score sheet so I can stay up with both!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2199385;
    I KNOW!!!! I first met him or one of his ancestors last year. I found a bunch of my bags of pecans had gnaw marks on them. I had no idea what it was. (That's how stupid I am when it comes to these things.) I noticed this went on for a few days and all these things would end up on the floor. Then we found its tiny droppings.
    EEEEEkkkkk........well you know I haven't spent much time at the FORT the last couple of days. Hubby's on vacation and we are attempting to tackle my junk room..aka:the garage... It is quite an undertaking considering I'm a former teacher --pack rack --antique dealer...and currently still working with 100 kids and have a puppet team....in my world that means lots and lots of stuff.... Yesterday we unloaded half of the garage onto the driveway....I threw a whole bunch of stuff away, but it was getting dark and freezing so we loaded everything back into the garage will will start over today...and then tomorrow.....until I can drive my car into the garage.

..........anyway, yesterday after posting about your furry friend, I found out I am not the only pack rat living in my home

I found a box with several packages of some unused stationary...that looked a little messy....upon closer inspection packages had been chewed open. there was a Snoopy lunch pail in there that I picked up and immediately threw down when I saw an one inch hole chewed in the corner ....btw the lunch box was very clean?!?!?!?...further investigation show the rats droppings...ewe...so ug.....I guess it traps of poison... OH RATS
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Hey, did any of you read about the twins who were born recently but one was born NYE and the other NY day? My husband said "oops, one is a tax deduction and the other isn't until this year" Anyway, it got me thinking, I wonder if the IRS would make a special allowance or if they are a stickler over things like that.

The IRS is nothing if not a stickler. But that is a great question!

I would not give a special exemption. The couple is already getting a full year's benefit for one child that was born only minutes before the end of the year.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

But Newf could it not be seen as they had to invest in all the things for the nursery during the 9 months before the child was born.

It is the same investment if the child is born December 31st or January 1. It's an arbitrary cut off date, but it's fair.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

And here I was just thinking, Aww one of them will be the New Year's baby and the other won't. I didn't even consider them as tax deductions.

+ Reply to Thread