+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2198864;
    On the subject of luggage: It's something I read on a travel website and have been doing it for about 6 years. My luggage is so easy to spot and nobody I mean nobody even looks at my luggage :nono Now my luggage isn't junk either. When our luggage got lost for 24 hours somewhere between LAX and JFK...I just told them it's the luggage with the bright green duct tape.....our luggage finally showed up..whew!
    Or buy a suitcase like mine lol. It's one of those roller ones, and it has a PUcci like print all over it. When I visited my cousin for her wedding, we were waiting for mine and my sister's luggage. My cousin saw the brightly patterned case and looked at me and said,"that MUST be yours"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2198620;
    I don't remember which thread we were discussing mice, but yes, I definitely have one. I think Lois sent me hers . The little guy (I hope it's little) chewed through the bottom of the cat food bag. So today I'll be acquiring mouse disposal items and some plastic containers. I have a dog who's a terrier, who are supposed to be good at small critter finding, and a cat, who are supposed to be good at small critter disposing, and neither one has caught nary a scent.
    We have nature's moustraps: cats! We have a cat that lives under our house, and my mom feeds it. Our neighbor has chickens, and my mom said she'd rather have cats than rats.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2199201;
    The fun part comes when he only gets his leg caught and is dragging the trap all over the place, and you're standing on the table
    You do realize I am having a seizure just imagining this, don't you?!!!! This is my nightmare come to life!!! (And yes, I realize I am officially the wussiest member of the FoRT.)

Hey, has anyone heard from giz? I don't think she's been on since Thanksgiving...I hope everything's OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2198873;
    Vonna, I have very big, easily identifiable tags (the stuff that has the luggage owners' info--I just have a cell phone # and email address 'cause I don't want anyone coming to my house to rob me...paranoid much, Lois? ) that attach to the handle area of our suitcases. I also attach bright (OK, gaudy) ribbons on the handles so that you can spot our suitcases from a mile away. I've started buying red suitcases 'cause there are too many black ones out there, but now more and more people are getting red ones as well. Sigh...
    Lois-you are right about the red. I bought red on my last Florida trip...there was sooooo much red luggage at the cruise ship and air port.

Now for the id, my suitcases have like a pocket thingy that you slip you ID information in. The pocket doesn't have a window, so someone has to pull out the information to see it. I type my address in real small fonts. I also put the phone number of our destination on it too---I hate lost luggage...

Sounds like you have everything under control---except for that little furry you know what..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2199376;
    Sounds like you have everything under control---except for that little furry you know what..
    I KNOW!!!! I first met him or one of his ancestors last year. I found a bunch of my bags of pecans had gnaw marks on them. I had no idea what it was. (That's how stupid I am when it comes to these things.) I noticed this went on for a few days and all these things would end up on the floor. Then we found its tiny droppings. We set traps and one of the traps got one (I think in the cellar or something--I don't really know--all the info is on a need to know basis for me 'cause my husband knows what an absolute wimp I am about this). After that, I put all food items into containers that couldn't be chewed through! THEN this year early in my pregnancy, it (or one of its relatives) CAME BACK--that's when I had the face to face encounter, so to speak) and I swear, when I miscarried, I blamed that darned mouse on the scare it gave me (it most likely had nothing to do with it but it felt good having something to blame). That was months ago...and the little gross thing (or its relative) is back... I've got to give it to him--he's escaped the traps, my husband and our cat. This is one smart mouse.

I'm no expert on mice, although we had one in my office a few months ago -- he'd pop out of nowhere, and run up phone lines onto my DESK. Cute bugger, but fast and so he kept startling me. We tried to corner him, unsuccessfully, but he eventually just disappeared. I have heard, however, that if you find the hole, fill it with a metal brillo pad.

My mother, unfortunately, gets RATS in her house. They come from the river nearby, her house is over 100 years old and I suspect there's some ancient rat tunnel going into her unfinished basement. They don't get in the house proper, thank goodness, but she's seen them in the basement (and in the bird feed, when she reached her hand in the bag! ) and you can hear them scrabbling in the kitchen walls. Oh god, they're so nasty, with their little red eyes and hairless tails. *shudder* After years of trying to play fair and using traps -- including one they CARRIED OFF, and one that got its tail stuck and dragged the trap to a hole in the wall, leading Mom into a tug-of-war to get it back, and a third that got its paw stuck and tried to bite her when she tried to let it out by the riverbank -- she finally gave up and bought poison. That has worked wonders, and they were gone for a while, although she was trying to poison a new one when I was home at Christmas. The saga of Mom and the rats has kept my sister and I entertained for years.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My son travels in his job and he told me that he always puts his name and destination in the id tag. When he's going home he puts his company address on it. I sort of like that idea. He gave me some really bright, wild colored luggage tags but I laughed about it since my luggage goes from the car into the hotel or motel. We never fly.

I think I mentioned that I got new luggage the other day. It is Mocha colored. Very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2199410;
    I think I mentioned that I got new luggage the other day. It is Mocha colored. Very pretty.
    Oooh, I love mocha! The drink AND the color! I love chocolate, too (the candy AND the color!)

And Lucy, I need smelling salts after your story!

Lucy that's too funny. Years ago my mom was using the toilet and a sewer rat came up in the the toilet while she was on it. I can hear my mom screaming to this day.

Can't you see her sitting on the floor, one foot braced on the wall on each side of the rat hole pulling on that trap with both hands?

+ Reply to Thread