+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If he's as smart as you say, he'll probably build something, and you'll still step on one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2199041;
    If he's as smart as you say, he'll probably build something, and you'll still step on one!
    TRUE! And then I'll probably end up with a cast on my leg while my cat and this mouse high five each other!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2199038;
    OK, so maybe I'm a "bah-humbug", but those look like great "under the bare foot, ouch, say a bad word, these #@* things are everywhere" toys.
    (Cricket limps in) Trust me, lego's are worse.
    Lois, I'm late on the mouse thing, but we used to live in a rural area and had them all the time. I don't know what type of trap you are using, but glue traps worked best for us - with a dab of peanut butter right in the center.
    (Limps back out...)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Broadway, I love that salt and pepper shaker.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Broadway, where did you find that S&P set? It is soooooooooo cute (in a weird way)!

I'm still sold on D-Con rat poison. I think I've mentioned it here before. It dehydrates the mice so that there is no odor. You will just eventually find this little tiny hide. Sort of like a teeny tiny mouse rug. Yuck! Really though, no odor. There are individual little boxes and you can stick them behind furniture and appliances.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2199185;
    I'm still sold on D-Con rat poison. I think I've mentioned it here before. It dehydrates the mice so that there is no odor. You will just eventually find this little tiny hide. Sort of like a teeny tiny mouse rug. Yuck! Really though, no odor. There are individual little boxes and you can stick them behind furniture and appliances.
    That's what I bought today, as well as some plastic traps that work like the wooden contraptions but you click it open, dab the peanut butter in, it stays in the open position until the mouse gets caught (assuming he will) and then snaps shut. Then you just click it open and dispose of mouse without ever touching anything. Okay, that's the official directions. The way it will actually work (or not work) has yet to be determined .

The fun part comes when he only gets his leg caught and is dragging the trap all over the place, and you're standing on the table waiting for Mr ACF to show up. Hope that bladder hold out!!

It's been about 5 years since I worked in the schools, but I had a "friend" who had been teaching for 2 years with a provisional credential and was making close to $40,000....that was 5 or 6 years ago.....so no telling what her salary is now with her full credential....I think those are pretty darn good wages.
    I need to move here apparently
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member
    Just be careful with the D-Con if you have pets. The active ingredient is an anti-coagulant which causes the mice to die from internal bleeding. You don't want other animals getting into it. Other than that, it's great stuff. The mice scarf it down like crazy and it really does work.

+ Reply to Thread