+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

ECM, after a surgery about 25 years ago, I was also going stir crazy. It's hot here in Arizona (duh), so I asked the doctor's assistant via phone if I could just drive myself 2 miles to the mall so I could walk around and get some exercise. She had me hold while she checked with the doctor. She came back to the phone and said, "The doctor said you can drive to the mall, but try not to have an accident on the way."

NEWS FLASH: I always try NOT to have an accident when I'm driving. LOL.

So happy that you're progressing well. Modern medicine rocks!
    Kip and Eastcoastmom like this.

GREAT news ECM! It sounds like you are a great patient and doing all the right things that have aided in your recovery. Many people wouldn't even think about maintaining their weight in your situation. You sure are focused. Good for you!

I spent Sunday in the ER with my cousin. She took a spill at the assisted living facility where she's living now and hurt her back, broke some toes and cut her toe. They released her, but she's in a wheelchair. I'm taking her to the orthopaedic doctor today. She's in mini boot thing now, but I suspect he'll put her in regular boot today. I'm thankful it wasn't worse.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your cousin's injuries, Debb. I guess yes, be grateful it wasn't a broken hip or worse, but still. Hope she heals up nicely.
    Debb70 likes this.

Thanks, ECM. I have discovered that even though she is in an assisted living facility, she requires lots of time and attention. Their transport person is out today, so I have to drive 30 miles to her, pick her up, drive her another 30 miles to the doctor, then return her to the facility, then drive back home! Plus, I've had to consult with her GP about the neurologist and getting her brain scans, insurance issues, resolved. I honestly can't imagine this getting any better, but I pray it does. I know she can't help it, but still.......Okay....enough of the pity party. I'm too busy for that! lol
    Kip likes this.

Debb70, I think you're allowed more than the 2.5 seconds you used, so have at it!!
    Debb70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate it when people on their cell phones wander all around while talking, not watching where they're going.

I see people do this all the time at work, either in the parking lot or in the corridor where people go to walk at breaktime.

It's fine if someone likes to pace while they're talking on the phone but I think they should either watch where they're going or get off the beaten path so they don't become an obstacle to others.

Although it's not just people on cell phones who are guilty of not watching where they're going.

Today when I went on break, there was a lady in the corridor digging through her purse and walking at the same time. She was weaving back and forth as she walked, sometimes she slowed down or completely stopped walking and then she would speed up. I was walking to the side of her, two people came up behind us, and there were more people coming toward us and we all kept having to dodge or change our pace to avoid running into this scatterbrained lady.

I felt like yelling at her, "If you can't dig through your purse and walk in a straight line at the same time, then you're going to have to choose one or the other! Either sit down and get whatever it is you're looking for in your purse or get to your destination and then dig through your purse!". I didn't say anything because I don't want everyone I meet to think I'm a bitch. People can just be so annoying though!
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

As we walk a lot, and are sometimes slower than others (or faster than some), it's considered pretty acceptable to just call out, "Behind you" or "On your left" or "Heads up" (if they're not looking as you approach from the front). I wouldn't hesitate to do that in your circumstance . . .

I agree, though, it's annoying to have people so absorbed in their own selves that they don't even recognize the common courtesy of not impeding others.
    inthegarden likes this.

Same thing with drivers who pull out in front of you and then don't go the speed limit. Either wait until traffic clears or scoot out there and pedal to the metal! Just happened to me today.
    justCoz, KatesMom and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

ECM You are doing great!

What drives me nuts is getting behind someone at the store who is talking on their phone while pushing their carts down the middle of the aisle. They are shopping on both side of the aisle, absent minded in their movements. They can't hear you say Excuse me.
    pikachu, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, I got behind one of those the other morning, Gutmutter. A little car whipped in front of me from a side street and then slowed down to a crawl, all in a no-passing area. As soon as I got to where the road opened up to 2 lanes, I passed them. I never understand people who are in such a hurry one minute and then in Sunday driver mode the next. It's like their whole mission in life is to get ahead of you and once they've accomplished that, they're in no hurry to go anywhere else.

+ Reply to Thread