+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6401Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Pikachu, I just saw your GREAT news! OMG! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! It's well deserved.

FORT Regular

Congrats Pickachu. I don't post often but do read a lot and I'm so happy for you!
    PGM35 likes this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Maybe it'll be a movement! The weirdo in San Mateo CA who pickets Planned Parenthood every day has a big van covered with fetuses and had to be told by the priest not to park in front of St. Matthews when he went to Mass because of all the children in the school. Some hobby.
    Oh my gosh Punkin....I know who that guy is. My kids went to that school and we'd drive in the parking lot in the morning to drop the kids off and there he would be with the pictures on this truck. Luckily the kids were too young to really notice. Some moms also got to the point of standing in front of his truck with tarps or blankets to block the pictures. Finally the guy moved on but it happened for about a good year and the priest has to continue to call the police to get him off the property. And the kicker was we were looking at a house to buy in a nearby neighborhood and we found out that the "abortion truck guy" lived a few doors down. Needless to say, we didn't make an offer. This guy was a nut!!
    Punkin likes this.

I'm impressed when a young person uses their mind, forms an opinion and stands up for what they believe. That's rare, IMO. Apathy seems to be epidemic. I know you're proud Gutt.
    cablejockey and Gutmutter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmomof2 View Post
    Oh my gosh Punkin....I know who that guy is. My kids went to that school and we'd drive in the parking lot in the morning to drop the kids off and there he would be with the pictures on this truck. Luckily the kids were too young to really notice. Some moms also got to the point of standing in front of his truck with tarps or blankets to block the pictures. Finally the guy moved on but it happened for about a good year and the priest has to continue to call the police to get him off the property. And the kicker was we were looking at a house to buy in a nearby neighborhood and we found out that the "abortion truck guy" lived a few doors down. Needless to say, we didn't make an offer. This guy was a nut!!
    Hah! Small Peninsula world! I used to work in San Mateo and would often take the street between 17th and 25th where Planned Parenthood is and he was always there. Never gave it a rest. It was pretty much his gig, though. I never noticed any fellow travelers joining in his heckling. Considering how many women use PP for all the (non-abortion related) women's health services they can't afford elsewhere, I truly appreciate that our local clinics are seldom bothered and usually only by the singular, ineffective fanatic like this guy.

If I were still working, Gut, I might copy your daughter and make my own arrow sign and spend some lunch hours having my own fun with this fellow!

I just got email videos from my grandson, son and DIL yesterday showing each of them doing the Ice bucket challenge. I told my son I wasn't impressed unless I also saw them pull out their wallets!
    inthegarden likes this.
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

They've raised over $13 million with this challenge. I'm impressed.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Congratulations Pikachu!

I am impressed too, Gutmutter.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Just saw the good news about your new job, Pikachu! Congrats and best of luck! I hope you really will enjoy it!

Hi folks! Just checking in to say today is 3 weeks post op and I am doing pretty well. The surgeon told me on Friday that my incision is healing very, very well. I have had 10 at home physical therapy visits and later this week I begin outpatient physical therapy for my new bionic knee. The only negative is that medical protocol is that I cannot be given the green light to drive for 6 weeks, so 3 more weeks to go. I am honestly going stir crazy. I had hoped to be able to drive myself to therapy but now have to wait until late afternoons for my husband to return from work to drive me. It really stinks.

I am getting around unaided inside the house but walking outside still need my cane. I can't even contemplate when surgery might happen on my right knee, but it's not going to happen for at least 6 months. So, while the new knee is getting stronger, the old knee isn't getting any better. I've been told I am doing great, but I guess I am just impatient with my progress.

So, that's the skinny on what is going on...and speaking of which, I am still dieting. I am down about 127.5 pounds now. It's excruciatingly slow but I keep plugging on. I am just a few pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day 31 years ago, so I am not going to fret if I don't get down to an "ideal weight" according to the charts, which is still about 15 more lbs to go.

I am getting around unaided inside the house but walking outside still need my cane. I can't even contemplate when surgery might happen on my right knee, but it's not going to happen for at least 6 months. So, while the new knee is getting stronger, the old knee isn't getting any better. I've been told I am doing great, but I guess I am just impatient with my progress.
    ECM, you sound like you are doing very well. Don't rush, you will get there...
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well done! Relax - you'll get there.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread