+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7276Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My daughter had yesterday off and passed by a Planned Parenthood where people were protesting. She went to CVS and got a big piece of poster board, made a sign that said, "Weird hobby" with an arrow and then stood near the protesters with the arrow pointing at them. She got a lot of positive feedback, picture taken, etc. from passersby. One of the protesters tried to show her pictures of aborted fetuses and she asked him if he financially supported teen mothers and unwanted babies. Another one tried to "save" her and when she said, "No thanks", called her a lesbian. She had only planned to stand there for half an hour but ended up staying two hours.
    Punkin, Ellen, cablejockey and 9 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am TOTALLY impressed!! I've often wondered how many of THOSE people have financially/physically/emotionally supported the women who have to deal with the results of going against their abortion decisions. How many of THOSE "right-fighters" have taken those babies in? If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I am not an abortion supporter, but would never stand outside an abortion clinic and terrorize women who are already in a traumatic situation.

Having said that, I think what Gutmutter's daughter did was brilliant, and standing next to her is something I WOULD have done.
    Punkin, Ellen and Photobabe like this.

Thank you. I was really hoping I didn't offend anyone by posting that.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Ellen and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Your daughter is one amazing young woman.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I read about a couple doing that( same sign) This Couple's Response To Pro-Life Protesters Couldn't Be Better
    Lil Bit likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I read about a couple doing that( same sign) This Couple's Response To Pro-Life Protesters Couldn't Be Better
    I love the "I Like Turtles" sign!

What I'd really like to do is ask the man holding the "Pregnant Women Need Support, Not Abortion" sign just exactly how many pregnant women HE'S supported recently. I'd be willing to bet that he's on the front lines in the fight to cut SNAP benefits, the ACA, Head Start, etc.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Ellen and 2 others like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Yes, she said she had seen it on line when I asked why that particular phrase.
    Count your blessings!

Maybe it'll be a movement! The weirdo in San Mateo CA who pickets Planned Parenthood every day has a big van covered with fetuses and had to be told by the priest not to park in front of St. Matthews when he went to Mass because of all the children in the school. Some hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I love the "I Like Turtles" sign!

What I'd really like to do is ask the man holding the "Pregnant Women Need Support, Not Abortion" sign just exactly how many pregnant women HE'S supported recently. I'd be willing to bet that he's on the front lines in the fight to cut SNAP benefits, the ACA, Head Start, etc.
    Great question. I doubt he would answer you. I liked all the signs
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread