+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7145Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My husband's trying to tell me that just proves it's safer to sit in the easy chair and eat Doritos. lol
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hornet7 View Post
    My husband's trying to tell me that just proves it's safer to sit in the easy chair and eat Doritos. lol
    Husbands are funny, aren't they?
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by hornet7 View Post
    Well, I just had an interesting experience. Nothing like being on the treadmill and the power goes out! Gave me a whole new meaning of, "Pick yourself up and dust yourself off." Ugh! Has this happened to anyone else?
    Ouch! I bet that was a jarring experience. I'm glad you are okay.
    Walking on that treadmill is what gives you the stamina to push that cart loaded with Doritos through the grocery store, unload them when you get home and then go fetch them for your sweetie as he sits in his easy chair.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 08-09-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Kip likes this.

Let's talk weather.

A few of you have commented that you may be visiting Montana soon. Our weather has been wonderful! Highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's, just enough rain to keep things from drying out too much, but not enough to be intrusive. It took an abrupt turn on about July 1, from cold/rain/snow to beautiful, and never looked back.
    Gardens are thriving. I've been eating my tomatoes for weeks now, ripening a few at a time.
    There are fires, but they seem to be getting controlled & put out relatively quickly. There is some smoke from fires in Washington, but it's just a bit hazy sometimes, not horrible & grey & smelly like we often get.

I so often complain about our weather, especially in the Winter, that it's a pleasure to be talking it up for a change. I guess this is part of why I stay here. The Summers are lovely.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Let's talk weather.

A few of you have commented that you may be visiting Montana soon. Our weather has been wonderful! Highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's, just enough rain to keep things from drying out too much, but not enough to be intrusive. It took an abrupt turn on about July 1, from cold/rain/snow to beautiful, and never looked back.
    Gardens are thriving. I've been eating my tomatoes for weeks now, ripening a few at a time.
    There are fires, but they seem to be getting controlled & put out relatively quickly. There is some smoke from fires in Washington, but it's just a bit hazy sometimes, not horrible & grey & smelly like we often get.

I so often complain about our weather, especially in the Winter, that it's a pleasure to be talking it up for a change. I guess this is part of why I stay here. The Summers are lovely.
    We're spending the next several nights in Montana. Arriving in West Yellowstone by dinnertime. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful state.

I have a question for those of you on Facebook. How to do you feel about couples who share a FB account? A dear childhood friend of mine suddenly added her husband's name to her FB account. I don't know him AT ALL. Have never met him (we live about 2,000 miles apart). He's more conservative than I am (and than his wife) and the only things I've seen of him on FB before this is some questionable things he posted using his wife's account, which she then had to apologize for.

Maybe he's been using her account all along, but it makes me uncomfortable knowing for sure that any message I send to her could be read by him. We've discussed some pretty personal things and I don't like the idea that they're not likely kept between the two of us (please no mention of FB privacy issues - I get it). I find myself not interacting with her very much because of this and I feel bad, but I can't help it. I guess I'd feel differently if I knew them well as a couple, but that's not the case.

Oh, and yeah, I don't want to talk about the weather. It's TOO HOT here and I'm trying to ignore it!
    PGM35 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My husband has his own FB account; we have some friends in common, but not all. We know all of each other's login and password information for all internet sites and email. But unless there was a good reason to do so, we're not interested in hanging out with each other's online friends. He knows I'm AZCHRISTIAN on discussion boards, and he's welcome to read whatever I post. I do belong to two private FB groups, and I maintain the confidentiality of what others post, but I don't post anything critical of him except silly stuff.

Sounds to me like your friend's hubby has control issues. JMO.
    Lil Bit, Brooks and PGM35 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, too, smell control.
    PGM35 and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Reminds me of a woman who comes into the pharmacy where I work. She and her husband have a joint checking account and the names on the account are: "Mr. and Mrs. John Doe." She signs her name that way too. I know it's her life and her business, but it bugs the heck out of me. I want to tell her that she is a person too, with her own name and she's NOT just his wife.
    Punkin, AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Like I said, I don't know him at all, but it feels like a control issue to me too, even though I know her and would be surprised if that were the case. This is someone I've known since I was 4, but had been out of contact with for many years before we reconnected on FB about 4 years ago. I love her dearly, but I really don't feel comfortable messaging her about personal things any more. Like I said above, maybe he was already reading all of my messages, but now that his name is on the account, I KNOW about it. I don't even feel like I can message her about it because he may read it. I don't have anything against him; I just don't know him. It's like having a total stranger read my messages.

My parents' email address is my dad's name. I'll bet you could count on one hand the number of times he's even checked their email. My mom keeps saying she needs to set up a new email addy of her own, but they've had this one for probably 20 years, so it makes sense for her to keep using it. They're in their late-70's and have been married for coming up on 60 years. I know many of their friends have similar email arrangements. It just strikes me as odd when someone in my generation does it, since people my age tend to be more tech savvy and often marry later, so those accounts are already established.

My mom has friends like that, Lil Bit. She had a conversation with her Bunco group (who are mostly in their 70's) and several of them admitted they didn't even know how to pump their own gas. My dad has been known to go and gas up my mom's car for her, but that was because he was being thoughtful. It wasn't because she can't do it herself. Truth be told, my mom is the more "real world" capable (although my dad is super smart) of the two: she's been in charge of their finances for their entire marriage and is just out in the world more than he is.
    PGM35 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread