+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7276Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Here's a bit of useless trivia for you. I was told that mice can't belch, therefore, if you set out a pan of coke, they will drink it and die. When my kids were in school, we were booster club members and i worked in the concession stands a lot. After the games we would always put pie pans with left over Coke under the coolers and other appliances. It may have worked, because we seldom saw a mouse.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    My big fear (yes, you heard me right--fear) is that the dying mouse will stumble around and die somewhere where I (meaning my husband) can't find him and dispose of him OUTSIDE of the house!

Marley, cheerleading, huh? I don't think I would've gotten an A or a B in that!

Oh, picky, picky. What's a little stench in the walls. Sheesh!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I finally got around to using the vinegar/alcohol combo in my ear with the trapped water. Eureka!!! I'm happy to announce that it works well. Not the most attractive smell, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2198767;
    Oh, picky, picky. What's a little stench in the walls. Sheesh!
    We had a mouse die in the walls somewhere in the basement this fall, the smell was terrible but it only lasted a couple of days. Good thing they are tiny little critters, it doens't take them long to decay and turn into little mouse bones.

We had one of those behind the stove years ago and the dog kept trying to get at the smell. It cracked me up to come home and see him just sitting there whining because he knew something was there!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2198776;
    I finally got around to using the vinegar/alcohol combo in my ear with the trapped water. Eureka!!! I'm happy to announce that it works well. Not the most attractive smell, though.
    Bet it smelled better than a dying mouse! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

And Muduh, have you not figured out that I'm totally (almost abnormally) uptight about this mouse thing?!!! Of course I'm picky!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2197314;
    I guess the teachers here get paid pretty well. MY girlfriend is a teacher and she makes a great salary. They sure seem to have good working conditions too.
    Teachers get paid really well here too....at least most districts...and that can be problematic too, at least from what I saw as a substitute for 13 years. There were so many teachers that taught for the pay check, but couldn't teach their way out of a paper bag.

It's been about 5 years since I worked in the schools, but I had a "friend" who had been teaching for 2 years with a provisional credential and was making close to $40,000....that was 5 or 6 years ago.....so no telling what her salary is now with her full credential....I think those are pretty darn good wages.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On the subject of luggage:

I don't lock my suitcases, but just might use the TSA locks on my next travels. One thing I do is buy florescent duct tape and stick it all around my suit cases.....I know they make florescent like belts you can wrap around your luggage, but why be classy when you can use duct tape?

It's something I read on a travel website and have been doing it for about 6 years. My luggage is so easy to spot and nobody I mean nobody even looks at my luggage :nono Now my luggage isn't junk either. When our luggage got lost for 24 hours somewhere between LAX and JFK...I just told them it's the luggage with the bright green duct tape.....our luggage finally showed up..whew!

My daughter borrowed some of my pieces this year when she traveled. They came back raving about how great my duct taped suit cases were!
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Vonna, I have very big, easily identifiable tags (the stuff that has the luggage owners' info--I just have a cell phone # and email address 'cause I don't want anyone coming to my house to rob me...paranoid much, Lois? ) that attach to the handle area of our suitcases. I also attach bright (OK, gaudy) ribbons on the handles so that you can spot our suitcases from a mile away. I've started buying red suitcases 'cause there are too many black ones out there, but now more and more people are getting red ones as well. Sigh...

+ Reply to Thread