+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6758Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And you would be exactly right. Sorry I didn't clarify.
    I will take away my blushing face then.. . shay
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Am I the only person who has noticed what seems to be an huge amount of negativity in the threads lately? It could be just me, but it seems over the top. Maybe that's just the way of the world these days, but it's rather a bummer. No need to fake happiness and "Mary Sunshine", but the negativity is sad and seems to inspire more negativity. I know I have my moments, too, but I get tired of bumming myself out and try to throw in a silver lining here and there. A marriage counselor once told me that sometimes you have to act yourself into a different way of thinking. Interesting concept.
    I'm guilty. I just posted a rant about my idiot neighbors.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think idiot neighbor rants are justified!
    Ellen and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm sorry to be such a negative person. Honestly, I only post a fraction of the things that are bothering me and I try not to do it too often but I get so depressed trying to deal with everything on my own. It feels good to share what I'm going through with someone who cares and since I don't have a lot of friends or family close by, you all are all I have.

Once again, I'm sorry. I don't mean to bring all you down or expect you to magically solve all my problems.

This is a good place to speak what's in your heart or on your mind. FoRT folks like to be problem solvers and life helpers and they do give really good advice. It helps me to read what is going in other people's lives. Sometimes, I feel and may be experiencing the same problem but I'm too big of a chicken or too shy to post. I can take the advice that they gave and apply it to my problem.
    Also, if your friends/family are the same as you, you don't get the full benefit of people who are different than you. I think it helps to bounce things off at FoRT with a diverse group of people. They can see the solution clearly and they are not in a battle with their emotions.
    The best part is it's free and they never know if you took the advice or not. No, "I told you..." to be heard.

Lastly, I found FoRT folks to be genuine and caring. If they do hurt feelings they are quick to clarify their statement and apologize.

You are okay pikachu.
    Punkin, Ellen, famita and 3 others like this.

Lovely post inthegarden, well said!
    Brooks and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, I guess we won't be able to get all dressed up and attend AZ's 50th Anniversary Vow Renewal tonite.:>(

I've been watching all day and the camera for the chapel on her ship, Star Princess, is just not working, though her Bridge Cam is. What I found interesting while on the site today is just how different each of the Wedding Chapels on each ship are. If interested, you can go to Bridge and Wedding Cams : Princess Cruises. The Bridge Cam view gives you a view of where each ship is ported or on the way to. The Wedding Cam shows the different chapels. All the other Chapel cams seem to be up and running nicely. :>(

I'm kinda' pissed that the Star Princess knew their camera was not working and didn't have it fixed before Platinum Members!, with Princess Lines loyalty!, are having a damn 50th Anniversary Vow Renewal! on their freaking broken cam ship! I want to know who is responsible for this gross negligence and have them keelhauled! Probably it would be difficult to do this on the big ship, but they could keelhaul him under one of the tenders! (tenders are the lifeboats that are also used to take passengers in to some ports) I should write a letter! Or, I should wait. I had a little wine while waiting for the festivities and maybe should rethink the keelhauling tomorrow when clearer minds prevail.

Happy Anniversary, AZChristian. Cheers to you and to the love of your life! And best wishes for the next 50!!
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

AMEN PUNKIN! Any chance they'll repair the camera before the ceremony starts?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hey everybody! Just checking in to say my knee replacement surgery went really well Monday morning. I've been getting p/t twice a day and they say I am doing great. I am being discharged tomorrow and going to my first choice for a rehab facility. They don't think I will be there that long, as I am progressing nicely.
    Punkin, famita, Arielflies and 7 others like this.

GREAT NEWS ECM! You certainly sound positive. I'm so glad things went well and you will be PT bound soon. I'll look forward to hearing of your progress.

Yea! Good for you Eastcoastmom!! I hope all your pre-surgery worries turn out to surprise you with the best results and no worries coming true!! Work hard with your rehab team. This is one of those occasions where "no pain, no gain" really has meaning. I was the Office Manager for a PT Clinic for 10 years and all of the therapists could tell me which patients were following their home program and which were not just by the measure of their rehabilitation. After this one you'll be raring to go with the next knee next year. Thanks for reporting in to us so we know it all went well.
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

+ Reply to Thread