+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I think a French manicure looks classy. It wont compete with your peach dress. I go crazy with colour on my toes, but hardly ever chose a bright cloud for my fingernails. I love Essie, they actually do a bridal collection
    Baby's Breath and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think a French manicure looks classy. It wont compete with your peach dress. I go crazy with colour on my toes, but hardly ever chose a bright cloud for my fingernails. I love Essie, they actually do a bridal collection
    I'm the same way with my toenails - everything from blue, to pink glitter, purple, red, whatever. I work with my hands and spend a lot of time typing as well. No point in painting my fingernails. I end up with chips in a matter of hours and I HATE chipped nails. It makes me feel like Courtney Love or something.

I think a French Manicure sounds lovely with a peach-colored dress.
    Baby's Breath and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was just going to recommend French tips as well.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you're only going to do your nails for that special occasion, French tips should do well. I stopped doing those a long time ago because I found that they chipped and discolored. I stick with a very neutral color that, generally, matches my finger and can just look more like an extension of my finger. I also no longer like the squared-off shape, with the edges. I go with an oval. Know that French tips are about the color, not the shape. I am also not a fan of the long nails.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ask your manicurist if she does a silk wrap. It's very natural looking and will grow out well if you decide not to continue to have your nails done. And I'd agree that you should take a sample of the color of the gown with you before your appointment to make sure your manicurist has just the perfect color. Also make sure she has an upscale brand of polish, like OPI, that does not have toluene in it. And have fun with it! It's so girly!

I agree about the French manicure. You didn't say if you are just getting your nails painted or if you want tips too. Tips are nail extensions that help keep your look longer., although my tips are quite short. They call it the sporty length. The look should stay fresh for at least a couple of weeks, maybe longer.

If I am getting my nails done, I have to get tips or a silk wrap as someone stated above, due to my nail beds being oily. I've been told that is why I can't get nail polish to stay on my nails even for 24 hours with a regular manicure. I've tried numerous times. So, if you are getting them done on a Saturday morning for a Saturday evening wedding, you might be covered, but if it's longer, I would be careful to get something that won't come off. If you're not like me, a regular manicure where they paint on a French look might work. Getting tips can be a little expensive.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have gel/sometimes acrylic overlays on my nails, and my nails don't chip. Once I started giving the overlays, I never looked back. I don't think the expense is ridiculous; I deserve the good treatment. I worked hard most of my life, and seldom pampered myself. IT'S TIME!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have good nails, I don't need fakes( lucky me) I had them years ago. I am happy not to need them, my nails don't chip. Thanks to silica
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I've had natural nails for awhile now. After years of tips, I decided to take a break. Now, I just put my own natural color when I like and that's it. It won't stay on, but it works for that day. lol I do enjoy getting colors on my toes! That stays for some reason.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've had natural nails for awhile now. After years of tips, I decided to take a break. Now, I just put my own natural color when I like and that's it. It won't stay on, but it works for that day. lol I do enjoy getting colors on my toes! That stays for some reason.
    We use our hands a lot, so they sometimes chip( lighter colours never show) but toes! well they are just made for fun paint..
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread