+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7204Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just have a horror of them scattering my old ladies undies and gigantic bras out for the world to see. We were coming home from Oklahoma a while back and the highway patrol had these folks clothes neatly laid out all over the hillside. How mortifying would that be? If that happened in an airport, I'd probably just skip that plane trip.

About those cheerleaders, couldn't someone just slap them down and hand them their collective butts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I do think it was unfair that the teacher gave me a B, instead of my usual A. I had my arm in a cast and couldn't participate in the physical activities and was punished for it in the grade. But that's another story all together.)

I got an A for 4 yrs just for showing up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2197707;
    I think most of you would be shocked by what kids get away with in most schools. If the administration doesn't back you up (and we've been through a lot of them - they never uphold their standards for long) there isn't much you can do.
    I totally agree with this statement. I teach because I love to, but I have another job and something else that I do that brings in some extra money, as well. There is no way that I could get by on my teacher's salary alone.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2197939;
    My thinking is if I have it locked, it's a red flag that there is something valuable in there.
    I totally agree with you SV. I quit putting locks on mine when the TSA approved locks came about. I figure that everybody in baggage handling has a key by now. I always put any valuables (camera, camcorder, etc.) in my carry on bags.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2198052;
    I always put any valuables (camera, camcorder, etc.) in my carry on bags.
    I do that, too. But I started thinking about using the TSA locks when Delta sent my luggage on a flight earlier than mine and my luggage was literally sitting in the middle of the airport baggage claims (not on a converyer belt, but on the ground) by itself for three hours before my flight arrived. I couldn't even find my luggage at first 'cause it wasn't in the area it was supposed to be and no one told me it would be sent on a different flight. Anyone could've unzipped it, put their hands through and taken out some souvenirs etc. that were too big to fit into my carryon. Of course, they could've also just taken my suitcase home with them! I'm not saying this will prevent theft--just that why make it any easier than possible fior them? In general, I try to just travel with a carryon, but in some situations I have to check a bag.

I don't remember which thread we were discussing mice, but yes, I definitely have one. I think Lois sent me hers . The little guy (I hope it's little) chewed through the bottom of the cat food bag. So today I'll be acquiring mouse disposal items and some plastic containers. I have a dog who's a terrier, who are supposed to be good at small critter finding, and a cat, who are supposed to be good at small critter disposing, and neither one has caught nary a scent.

We get them occasionally in our garage when it starts getting cold outside. It's been so warm here in the NE we haven't gotten any yet this year! My husband usually put out a trap with peanut butter and Fruit Loops. Works like a charm.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2198620;
    I don't remember which thread we were discussing mice, but yes, I definitely have one. I think Lois sent me hers . The little guy (I hope it's little) chewed through the bottom of the cat food bag.
    Mine's still here so he may've sent his cousin to check out your place!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2198649;
    We get them occasionally in our garage when it starts getting cold outside. It's been so warm here in the NE we haven't gotten any yet this year! My husband usually put out a trap with peanut butter and Fruit Loops. Works like a charm.
    I wouldn't mind if this mouse was in our garage, but I hate the thought of him running around our house! And we can't catch him...he avoids the traps and somehow manages to survive even though we leave NO food out for him to eat--except the kibble in the cat food bowl--which means he'd have to get within inches from our cat. We've been doing the peanut butter but no Fruit Loops...maybe I need to add that to entice him. This mouse is smart! He has been able to avoid our cat, who is usually pretty darned good at catching critters!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2197736;
    I do think it was unfair that the teacher gave me a B, instead of my usual A. I had my arm in a cast and couldn't participate in the physical activities and was punished for it in the grade. But that's another story all together.
    When I was in college they gave grades and credit hours for cheerleading, so that was the extent of my physical activity in college. It was only 1/4 credit hour per semester but at least I had something I could get easy A's in.

On the subject of mice, with 3 cats we really don't have problem for too long. We have had success at my mother's with chocolate. They really like that. Good luck LL. I'm like you, I scream and run and just generally freak out.

+ Reply to Thread