+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

What is up with the mosquitoes this summer!? Are they extra bad where you are? I spent a lot of time this weekend outside: cleaned out the garage, built a brick fire pit in the backyard, cut down weed trees (boxelders), and got rid of general weeds and vines that like to encroach into our yard. Even though I sprayed LIBERALLY with bug repellant, I right around 40 mosquito bites. I have 13 just on the back of my right shoulder!! I am trying SO hard not to itch so they will go away before we leave for vacation in a couple of weeks!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-07-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    What is up with the mosquitoes this summer!? Are they extra bad where you are? I spent a lot of time this weekend outside: cleaned out the garage, built a brick fire pit in the backyard, cut down weed trees (boxelders), and got rid of general weeds and vines that like to encroach into our yard. Even though I sprayed LIBERALLY with bug repellant, I right around 40 mosquito bites. I have 13 just on the back of my right shoulder!! I am trying SO hard not to itch so they will go away before we leave for vacation in a couple of weeks!!
    Vinegar. The brown Apple Cider one. Take 1 tsp in a small glass of water in the morning & 1 in the evening. Just chug it. The mosquitoes will leave you darned near alone. Only an occasional one from a gutsy mosquito.

I'm one of those people who the little buggers love. They track me. When no one else is bothered, I get swarmed.
    Since I've been doing the vinegar trick, I rarely get any bites, even during peak mosquito times.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

They are bad this year in NC, but so far, I've escaped with just a few bites.

We have had so much rain in SW KS lately, (not complaining) there is a lot of standing water and lots of mosquitos. There have been warnings in the paper.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, my gallbladder and I will be getting a divorce tomorrow. The surgeon is getting me in ASAP so I can be healed up in time for our cruise. We're both in agreement that I don't want to be offloaded from the ship to some small town in Alaska with a bad gallbladder.

The irony is that I am the most organized person in the world . . . and this could not have come at a less convenient time. So much for planning.
    Punkin, Ellen and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Well, my gallbladder and I will be getting a divorce tomorrow. The surgeon is getting me in ASAP so I can be healed up in time for our cruise. We're both in agreement that I don't want to be offloaded from the ship to some small town in Alaska with a bad gallbladder.

The irony is that I am the most organized person in the world . . . and this could not have come at a less convenient time. So much for planning.
    Best wishes. This sucks -- but luckily, gallbladder surgery is less big of a deal than it used to be?
    Still…yeah…I know...
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    What is up with the mosquitoes this summer!? Are they extra bad where you are?
    No clue. In the +/- 28 years I've lived here, we've never had mosquitoes.
    Still don't. Too dry.
    After having lived in Wisconsin for the first half of my life, I don't miss the little bloodsuckers.
    Punkin and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That sucks. Thank God that you're getting it taken care of right away, and that the initial attack took place time for you to get on top of the situation. You can go on your cruise without health worries. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow & say a little prayer for an easy go of it.
    Sounds like your gallbladder is the kind of ex you'll be better off to be rid of.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Oh boo! I am like you organized and this would piss me off however better that than be ill on the ship. You don't need that..good thoughts AZ
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My thoughts are with you as well, AZ. Heal quickly and well.
    Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread