+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Very interesting. Thank you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have always used agreeance. "So we are in agreeance that the singing fish needs to go?" How is it being used now days?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The context is the same as "agreement".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am hearing the word "agree-ance" more and more and more, these days. I guess that's the next bastardized word to be added to the dictionary. This is getting ridiculous.
    I don't mind words like that at all. In fact, I tend to make up my own when I either can't think of the right one or can't decide between two. I also put suffixes on words that usually aren't used there, like "agreeance". Another would be "agreeableness".
    One of my most often used ones is "flustrated" - flustered & frustrated at the same time.

AZChristian: We could conversate about our agreeableness until we get flustrated.
    Punkin, Cootie and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

A Facebook friend and I were discussing my recent gallbladder-related health issues. She said she's glad hers was taken out and she celebrates her gallbladderlessness often. Now THAT is a word that clearly defines itself!

You know who loves long, combined words? Germans! Google " long German words" .
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Oh my. I have heard my parents say "flustrated" before and I just smiled to myself and ignored it. I thought they were just mispronouncing it by mistake and I didn't want to embarrass them by correcting it. (I'm funny about that and have to hold my tongue. The fact people use "seen" instead of saw or have seen drives me crazy. Pet peeve of mine.) I had no idea they may have been combining words for their own purposes. Hmmmm........

Our Fourth of July celebration went great! The weather was hot, but nice. We only had a few friends over, but that was the plan. It was very nice.

I hope all is well for those who are traveling. North Carolina didn't get too much bad weather from Hurricane Arthur. It looks like the tourists stayed. They just have to watch for those rip currents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    You know who loves long, combined words? Germans! Google " long German words" .
    Tell me about it. I double-majored in German and French education.
    My favorite German compound noun in high school was "Sonnabendnachmittagsspatzierga ng," which means "Sunday afternoon walk."
    I <3 German compounds.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Tell me about it. I double-majored in German and French education.
    My favorite German compound noun in high school was "Sonnabendnachmittagsspatzierga ng," which means "Sunday afternoon walk."
    I <3 German compounds.
    I have no idea why this site is screwing with my legit German word and breaking it up into smaller words. (Maybe it just looks screwed up on my iPad? )
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Geistererscheinungwissenschaft en - a person who studies the phenomenon of ghosts. Ghost busters!
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread