+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6376Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am glad not to be going anywhere this holiday. I want the peace and calmness.

Gas prices are ridiculous. The weather, over all, is hideous. The Republican congress does not want to fix the roads. I'll pass.
    Our weather is great: sunny, mid- to upper-70s with nice ocean breezes.

But I'm working extra hours this holiday weekend. That's a given in the tourist industry. Today was hellish. The next few days ... well, we'll be making families happy and providing them with opportunities for memories.

On the plus side, sometimes there are advantages to having days off on non-weekends, non-holidays.
    Cootie and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It was 80's today, we have the AC on and its lovely..however they are calling for a storm overnight. BOOM!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Our weather finally hit just past 80 today. In fact, it's supposed to stay in the 80's & maybe peek in to the very low 90's for the next 10 days. It's been hanging somewhere in the 60's (mostly lower) for highs for weeks with rain, rain, rain. Then today it finally just jumped right past the 70's and it was beautiful, sunny, & wonderful.
    I'm enjoying it while we've got it.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Cootie, could you say more about your flooring. What kind are you putting down? Is in an older home? Are the floors even? Are you experienced at it? I'm very curious. You are quite courageous.

Hurricane Arthur has brought our temps down! It's supposed to only be in the 80's today! Perfect weather for our barbeque! I thought we'd have to stay inside, but now it's just a matter of fighting the mosquitoes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Our weather finally hit just past 80 today. In fact, it's supposed to stay in the 80's & maybe peek in to the very low 90's for the next 10 days. It's been hanging somewhere in the 60's (mostly lower) for highs for weeks with rain, rain, rain. Then today it finally just jumped right past the 70's and it was beautiful, sunny, & wonderful.
    I'm enjoying it while we've got it.
    I know how you feel, we seem to have the same weather. I love summer
    Lizard likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Last year, in anticipation of our all-2014 celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary, I ordered custom t-shirts that said "_________ and _________ . . . married 50 years and loving it." I even added iron-on letters on the back so that when we stood next to each other they read:

MARRIED SINCE
    19 64

(Sorry about the spacing, but you get the idea.)

They've been a hit, and we've gotten a lot of positive comments and congratulations whenever we've worn them.

Fortunately (not "un"), we've both lost a lot of weight this year, so the shirts have gotten way too big. So this past Sunday, I went onto the Zazzle website to order replacements in smaller sizes. While there, I found another set of shirts for a "Golden 50th Anniversary Cruise." So, of course, I ordered them as well. The package came yesterday.

Zazzle, for some reason, DOUBLED the order, so now we have a total of 8 shirts instead of the 4 we ordered, and we only paid for 4. They won't want them back, because no one else will have our identical customizing. I guess this pretty much answers the question of "Gee, what should we wear today?" while we're on our cruise. LOL.

I did send Zazzle a note to let them know, and to thank them.
    CantGetNuf, captain and Debb70 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am hearing the word "agree-ance" more and more and more, these days. I guess that's the next bastardized word to be added to the dictionary. This is getting ridiculous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Cootie, could you say more about your flooring. What kind are you putting down? Is in an older home? Are the floors even? Are you experienced at it? I'm very curious. You are quite courageous.
    It is the Harmonics flooring they sell. The Honey Maple style I got looks something like the oak floor that is downstairs in our house. We installed laminate flooring 16 years ago in our kitchen and family room and we learned a lot during that process. It was Pergo that needed to be glued and it was a pain to install. I chose a color that I ended up not liking so I was more careful about the style this time around. The Pergo has been very durable so it's been good, but we will be changing it out in the next few years with something much nicer.

This new flooring is much easier to use. It clicks together and so far it is going well. Our house is over 60 years old and the upstairs where this is going is pretty funky. The ceilings are low so I didn't want a flooring that was very thick and this stuff is pretty thin and comes with a pad attached. The floor in one room is kind of uneven but I think the way I am laying it will work fine and I will level it as much as possible. At just over $1.00 a square foot, it is an affordable way to update this space that I use for sewing and for guests. The bedrooms were/are my kids rooms - they don't live here, but I love to have them come home so am looking forward to freshening up the spaces. I chose this flooring because of the look/cost/DIY friendly nature of it. It is on sale at Costco until Sunday. It is made in the USA and uses 74% pre-consumer recycled material. I was also looking at linoleum, which is a very environmentally friendly product, but the cost of using the planks that are DIY friendly were about 4 times as expensive and I couldn't justify it.

The installation requires lots of measuring and careful cutting and I can do that pretty well. I have some basic skills in those areas and would like to build more and get better. All of this helps. I just need a little extra wood or flooring in case I mess up! I think a lifetime doing sewing, art and crafts have helped me do building projects. My husband will help me if I ask him, too. Okay, back to work for me! Happy 4th!
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, shay, perhaps we could conversate about that.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am hearing the word "agree-ance" more and more and more, these days. I guess that's the next bastardized word to be added to the dictionary. This is getting ridiculous.
    It already is a word for a long time. According to my dictionary.com app "—Word story AGREEANCE is a word that seems to be continually reinvented and recycled. The term first appeared in the 16th century and enjoyed its greatest popularity in the 18th and early to mid-19th centuries. Since then it has fallen into disuse. Most likely unaware of the word's history, modern writers who recoin the term seem to like how it sounds, even though it adds nothing in meaning to its workhorse counterpart, agreement. The suffix ‐ance indeed is used in English to form many nouns from verbs: for example, appearance, acceptance, performance, and remittance. So while there is no rule preventing the formation agree + -ance, the coinage may sound quaint or pretentious to some people."
    Punkin and CantGetNuf like this.

+ Reply to Thread