+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10174Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Holy moly, woman!! I hope you bought a lottery ticket too!!
    I knew I forgot something...

FORT Regular

Wanted to just say how much I love iphones. My daughter had a camp program today that I couldn't make and my mom went and facetimed me so I can see it. It wasn't the same as being there but so glad that I was able to "be there" rather than completely miss it.

On another note, I'm frustrated. My hubby and I have been looking to "upgrade" to a new house for the last 3 years. We are being very picky as we are looking at it like this is our forever home. But...the prices of housing is so crazy out this way. We can't afford to really upgrade. To move into what we could afford now, we'd basically be doing a horizontal move. Not gaining anything. It's frustrating that we make what I would consider good salaries and I feel like it's not really paying off.
    Punkin and Kip like this.

What market are you in?

Well I have had a wonderful week. My sister and I drove a little over 700 miles, 2 1/2 days, and visited (yes spent $$$) 13 Quilt Stores in Kansas, for the Kansas Row by Row Experience. This does not include the weekend before we drove to Wichita (about 2 1/2 hours) and went to a Quilt Show and went to 4 Quilt Stores.
    I am ready to hit the other side of the state now
    There's no place like home!

Man, that's a lot of quilt shopping. Sounds like fun though.

I wasn't in the office today and it's a good thing. A storm came by and knocked a tree over on top of a car not far from my office? Here's a photo.
    Fallen Cary tree :: WRAL.com

Man, that's a lot of quilt shopping. Sounds like fun though.

I wasn't in the office today and it's a good thing. A storm came by and knocked a tree over on top of a car not far from my office? Here's a photo.

Fallen Cary tree :: WRAL.com

(I'm not sure why it keeps linking the Cary fallen tree. You have to click on the other fallen tree that says St. Mary's Street and Hillsborough St. I guess it's a glitch in the link or something.)

I finished my day by going to Costco and buying about 600 lbs of flooring which my friend and I packed into our cars and we drove slowly to my house and unloaded all of it. I got a good workout but it is just beginning! I plan to sleep until maybe 7AM tomorrow and then get to work on my floors upstairs. I have family coming in a few weeks so need to get my house ready! I love this time of year in Oregon. It is green, I have vegetables in my garden that are ready to eat and there are many wonderful outdoor opportunities for exercise and fun. Happy 4th to you all!
    Punkin, Kip, inthegarden and 2 others like this.

Just remember, Cootie, that you need to have that flooring material in the house for a couple of days before laying it so it can adjust to the temp in the home. But, have fun! We did that in one of our bedrooms last year (with help from a neighbor who has done this before) and it's a JOB, but very rewarding when you get to that final result!!
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Just remember, Cootie, that you need to have that flooring material in the house for a couple of days before laying it so it can adjust to the temp in the home. But, have fun! We did that in one of our bedrooms last year (with help from a neighbor who has done this before) and it's a JOB, but very rewarding when you get to that final result!!
    Yeah, I have that all figured out. I bought some of the same flooring a few weeks ago and will just be finishing one of the three rooms this weekend, then will shift furniture and start work on the next room next week. I plan to take a little time to do this as I am working full time right now.

3 Rooms! Now, that's a job! But I'll bet you're already seeing the result is worth it if you've already nearly finished one room. We really want to get new carpeting in two of the bedrooms, living room, hallway and dining room, but feel exhausted already when just thinking about how much furniture would have to be moved. We aren't as young as you!
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread