+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7116Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Gutmutter I'm glad you got your man! Now relax and have a great trip.
    Brooks and PGM35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Gutmutter I'm glad you got your man! Now relax and have a great trip.
    ha! Other great news is that I hadn't seen my cell phone since I went to my mom's in April (I only use it when I'm traveling). I searched the car, house, purse, etc. and was going to buy a new one today when I thought, "Check under that pile of fabric you brought back from that trip. I had gotten clear plastic bags to put the fabric in for easy viewing, so I opened those and put the fabric in... and under it all was a smaller purse I had forgotten I took on that trip with my phone in it!!! and two pairs of dress sandals I hadn't been able to find that I wanted to take on this trip. Yea! So I didn't have to buy a new phone and I'll have pretty feet.
    I got gas, money, stopped my mail, etc. and now all I have to do is pack all the stuff I have piled on the chairs into bags and prep food in the fridge for travel.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Got him! I'll take him to a park 20 minutes away later today. I don't know what local laws are about relocating opossums but I'm not getting officials involved. I can't leave for a week with an elderly woman coming in to feed the cats and risk him coming back here. The cats have been avoiding the house during this whole ordeal. Somehow they knew the danger was over and all 3 are inside now.
    Good for you! Glad that you took care of the problem before you had to leave. It would have worried you the whole time.
    If it were me, I would drive him at least 100 miles before I'd turn him loose (road trip with an opossum ). I'm over cautious like that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, I think 20 minutes away is sufficient. I doubt the opossum will get back to Gutmutter's house from that distance unless it hitchhikes.

I just hope the park is far enough away from a residential area that it doesn't show up in someone else's house. Hopefully, it will like its new home and stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Gut, I hope you and all those traveling have a safe and wonderful trip for the 4th! I'm not going anywhere if I can help it. I will watch some celebrations on tv. It's so hot in NC, (90's) that outdoor activities are not very enjoyable right now. lol

I took the cat to the rescue yesterday. Everyone was great and so helpful. What a relief.
    They will keep her there for a couple of weeks, then have her fostered.

I visited my cousin and she is doing so much better. She loves her new roommate situation and is really adjusting well. She seems so much happier. I'm so grateful!

Now, I'm hoping to help my family get the house for my nephew finished. DIY projects are very time consuming!
    Nice to hear the follow up. I'm glad to see everything seems to be working out well for you, your cousin, and her cat. Everybody wins.
    You've been so strong and caring through all of these tough decisions. No taking the easy way out for you.
    If you can, maybe you should take some time now for YOU. A little getaway with no obligations would be nice.
    Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Thanks for the kind words Miss Scarlet. I am trying to plan some time for myself. I had to jump back into things at work too. My cousin's situation took so much time. Now, I have to make it up. Thank goodness some new work came in and now I'm busy with that. I have to pay the bills. lol Still, I'm going to take some time off to get away.

Plus, there's my parent's renovations on the house they bought.. That has to be completed as my nephew's family is staying with my parents until it's ready. Time is of the essence! lol

And, I haven't mentioned this, but I then have to begin renovations on my cousin's house, which it actually mine. It was difficult to work around her and she didn't like change. Now, I have all kinds of things to repair and update. Man, I'm going to be busy for a while yet. There's no hurry on that one though. OH, what's a good color for a front door if the house is dark brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    what's a good color for a front door if the house is dark brown?
    That might be a good question for a local real estate agent if the intent is curb appeal.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, I spent the morning in an unexpected way.

We did our daily 2.75 mile walk around the community, came home, had breakfast, and hubby took his usual before-work shower. We made the bed, and he went back into the bathroom to finish getting ready for work.

All of a sudden, I was hit with the most excruciating abdominal pain I've felt since being in labor 47 years ago. I rated it at 9.5 on a scale of 10; 10 means "call the paramedics," but 9.5 means, "I think I can make it to the car so you can drive me to the E.R." It eased up to about a 7 after 15 minutes, and so . . . off we went to the E.R.

After blood tests and a very thorough abdominal ultrasound, they've decided it was probably a gallbladder attack; the other possibility is an ulcer, but they really think it's the gallbladder. After 4 hours at the E.R. (assisted by some lovely little pills), the pain had subsided and they sent me home. I have an appointment to see a surgeon on Monday morning.

What freaks me out is that we're leaving on our cruise and road trip in 3.5 weeks. I'm not going to be ANYWHERE on that trip that I'd like to be if something surgical needs to be done. If I have biliary colic (which it sure sounds like I have), there is a good chance of recurrence of the pain. Grrrrrr. I do NOT want to deal with any of the available options at this point.

Well you see the surgeon Monday AZ, so you will know more then. I had pain like that a few years ago, turned out it was IBS , and I had over 14 tests!!! plus they found I had the start of Diverticulitis. all seems to be okay now. ( my trusty green sludge every morning) hoping good things for you..
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What a bummer, AZ!Horrible timing! Look online for different homeopathic recipes for Gallbladder Flush (usually apple juice, olive oil) to dissolve gall stones, if that's what it turns out to be. The MD could tell you if they are effective or not, but I would try anything before surgery.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread