+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

That's got to be a relief for you, though.
    Debb70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

If a lie will give your cousin comfort and the truth would only hurt her, it's a lie worth telling. You're doing the right thing.

I know how you feel, though. I hate lying, too.
    inthegarden and Debb70 like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Debb, if your cousin asks about the cat, telling her that the cat's fine and is doing well (which is true) is probably all she wants to hear. Maybe the person who will be taking the cat would be willing to email you a photo once every month or so that you could show to your cousin.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

I'm relieved you got ahold of them and they stood by their word. I think of all you've dealt with, a kind, white lie is not something you should lose sleep over. My thoughts and good wishes to her on this next stage of her journey. You have my undying respect for going above and beyond. Bless you.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks all. I have spoken with at least six people who deal with dementia patients and they all tell me to tell her what she wants to hear and that brings her comfort. She is not able to process the truth of her condition and limitations. No amount of explaining will make it happen. She cannot put the cat's needs ahead of her own. It's just not there, so it has to be done this way.

I thought I was doing a good thing on Saturday. I bought her this frame with photos inside that consists of little frames connected together to hang in her room. The photos are bright, beautiful pictures of sea turtles, fish, etc. There was one photo in the middle that is left blank for the owner to put their own photo. I took her several of herself and family members to insert, but she said no, she wanted a photo of her cat to go there......oh well. I should have anticipated it, but the visit before that one she didn't mention the cat. I'm going to take a few photos just in case. Next time she may have forgotten about it.
    inthegarden likes this.

Happy Canada Day!

canada-day.jpg
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm sooooo tired and frustrated. I've had a juvenile opossum in my house for about a week. I've left doors open, removed all cat food from easy access - putting it out in the mud room with house and outside doors open to try and lure him out. He is not afraid of the cats and they steer clear of him. He has no compunction nosing around behind my bed, so I've been "sleeping" on an oversized soft chair the last two nights. I got a Havahart trap which it went into multiple times last night without springing the door. I hate to move on to poison, but I'm going to be leaving for a week in a couple of days and I'll have to leave cat food out then. My elderly neighbor is coming daily to give them canned food and clean water and I don't want her to run into him. She would freak out. Right now I have re-set the trap with the cat food wrapped in a twist of newspaper so he'll have to stand on the trip platform to work at getting it, and I have the catch set as loosely as I can get it rather than just pushed in the way it was last night. But I think my window for today has closed, because I almost never see it during the day. Fingers crossed for tonight. Wish me luck!!!
    Count your blessings!

OH my Gutmutter. That sounds like a terrible problem to have. Have you seen the animal? How did he get inside? Where is he hiding in the day time? Can you call an exterminator to locate and catch him? Maybe they have a dog that could track it inside the house. Good luck with catching it. I'd be terrified to leave it in my house when I went out of town. He could do some real damage.

Does anyone know if peanut butter is safe for cats? I'll be transporting my cousin's cat in a carrier today and I've read it occupies them and relieves stress if they stay busy by putting a little peanut butter on their paws. They lick it and it keep their mind off the situation for a half hour or so, however, I think that advice was for dogs, not cats. Would it still work with a cat?
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-01-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm sooooo tired and frustrated. I've had a juvenile opossum in my house for about a week. I've left doors open, removed all cat food from easy access - putting it out in the mud room with house and outside doors open to try and lure him out. He is not afraid of the cats and they steer clear of him. He has no compunction nosing around behind my bed, so I've been "sleeping" on an oversized soft chair the last two nights. I got a Havahart trap which it went into multiple times last night without springing the door. I hate to move on to poison, but I'm going to be leaving for a week in a couple of days and I'll have to leave cat food out then. My elderly neighbor is coming daily to give them canned food and clean water and I don't want her to run into him. She would freak out. Right now I have re-set the trap with the cat food wrapped in a twist of newspaper so he'll have to stand on the trip platform to work at getting it, and I have the catch set as loosely as I can get it rather than just pushed in the way it was last night. But I think my window for today has closed, because I almost never see it during the day. Fingers crossed for tonight. Wish me luck!!!
    Is there a possum rescue or protection organization in your area, Gut? There's one in my hometown and they're invaluable in helping "relocate" problem possums. I think your house guest qualifies!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't know where he goes during the day and I don't want anyone tearing my house apart trying to find him. Plus, I'm in the process of "organizing" and am at the stage where it gets worse before it gets better.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread