+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6938Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    We've done that in the past with other mattresses we've had too, inthegarden. The mattress we have now is made so you cannot flip it over to use the underside. The next mattress I buy will for sure be the kind you can flip over to use the other side.
    Angelic, we have a similar type mattress. It can't be flipped. We do rotate it, though, every so often.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

There's no place like home!

Hubby was working in Denver and CSprings, and I just hung out and relaxed. We stopped at Four Corners (where AZ, NM, CO, and UT meet) yesterday, so we can scratch that off the bucket list. Now it's time to get serious about prepping for our cruise in July/August.

Wow . . . this retirement thing is not for the faint of heart. LOL. (I'm loving every minute of every day.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get the mattress thing, now.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Can I get some input on this issue? I called the rescue agency that my cousin got her cat from last week. I gave them a couple of ways to contact me, but they have not. I need to return my cousin's cat to them ASAP. Her adoption contract requires her to return the cat if she cannot care for it. (It is not possible for me to keep the cat. I won't go into the details now.) If they do not contact me or cannot take the cat back for whatever reason, what should I do with it? I hate to take to animal shelter, because they will put her down. She was once feral and being an outside cat would not work, IMO. The agency required that she be an inside only cat and she has been. No one will want her inside their home as she sprays and has litter box issues. I hope the rescue will take her back, but their failure to contact me makes me wonder.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Call them several times a day until they call you back. If they don't call, it has an impact on your options. Have you googled "no-kill shelters" in your area?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Deb70, yes, keep calling. I think a lot of these rescue operations are loosely run. My SIL takes cats for one. The impression I get about that particular group is that the head woman has a full-time (non-animal-related) job. People bring her cats and she calls around her network of volunteers to find someone to foster that particular cat. My SIL will only foster females now, after a bad experience with a male who sprayed everywhere.

If they don't return your call today, I might call the local humane society and tell them about the situation and ask if they have any other way to contact this rescue group.
    inthegarden likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

For the past few months, I've noticed that if we get the tiniest patch of clouds in the sky, one of our local radio stations plays "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics. At first, I was amused by it but now, it's starting to get annoying.

First of all, I don't listen to music on the radio to get a weather report. Second of all, there are so many other songs about rain, I wish they'd quit recycling the same one. At least today they did. When I got in my car to drive back to work after lunch, "Here Comes the Rain Again" was playing and they followed it up with "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac (which mentions "thunder only happens when it's raining").

It is an 80's and 90's music station so maybe some of the songs are outside of their target range, like "Raindrops are Falling On My Head", "Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again", "Fire and Rain" and "Who'll Stop the Rain". But what about "November Rain" by Gun n Roses, "The Rain" by Oran Juice Jones, "All Night Rain" by the Atlanta Rhythym Section and "Raining in my Heart" by Leo Sayer (just to mention a few)?

I remember when I was in late high school/early college, Johnny Kemp's song "Just Got Paid" had recently come out and one of our radio stations used to play it every Friday.

Thanks. I found some phone numbers on her old contract information, but I don't get any response on them, no voice mail or anything.

I went to their website and sent them an email explaining the situation and saying Time is of the Essence. It's a rough situation. I want to spare the cat any distress, but I need to get it in a place someone can care for it. I'm having to drive over 60 miles every other day to check on it, give food and water, clean up after it, etc.

I just remembered I know someone who used to volunteer with them. I'll try to reach her.

It's odd how I recall having conversations with my cousin about how she could try to address the spraying and pooping outside the litter box by her cat. She never was interested in addressing it. She just said, she could deal with it and so she ignored it. Now, it's a problem, because she's not able to care for the cat, and few others will want it due to this problem. I wish she hadn't been so stubborn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Debb70:I hope you can rehome the kitty soon. Wow, that's a long way to go to care for someone else's pet! I'm happy you're making the effort for the cat's sake until you can get ahold of the rescue agency.
    Debb70 likes this.

Good news! Someone called me and I'm taking her by there tomorrow. They said she could get it back if she recovers, but that's not likely at all. I guess they don't expect the cat to be adopted out very soon.

I guess I will have to lie to my cousin about the cat for the rest of her days. She could never accept the cat is not at home waiting for her. She can't process information, so it wouldn't help her to tell her what happened. Still, I hate lying.
    Kip, pikachu, Jamie5632 and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread