+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6941Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We need a new mattress, too. Ours lays on top of a platform style frame. It makes the mattress seem even firmer, which is what I like. The only downfall to a platform frame, is that it sets lower than a usual bedframe. Next time I go mattress shopping, I am also going to look for a nice bedframe.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A lot of times, with mattresses, I find that you truly do get what you pay for. I guess they are so expensive because they know that EVERYBODY will be buying one. It's all in what you are willing to settle for.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Maybe they ought to do with mattresses what they do with cars--you don't actually own yours, you just lease it and you can trade it in at any time.

I don't remember when I moved in to my current condo but this is only the second mattress I've had while I've been here. I have to hold on to my mattresses as long as possible because I can't afford to get a new one every 8 years. And I sure can't get myself to spend the amount for a Tempurpedic, knowing I'll have to replace it in 8 years. For what those cost, they should have a lifetime guarantee!
    Yuck! I don't want a traded in mattress.

I flip our mattress every few months. Over and turned. It makes it feel like a new mattress.

We've done that in the past with other mattresses we've had too, inthegarden. The mattress we have now is made so you cannot flip it over to use the underside. The next mattress I buy will for sure be the kind you can flip over to use the other side.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    We've done that in the past with other mattresses we've had too, inthegarden. The mattress we have now is made so you cannot flip it over to use the underside. The next mattress I buy will for sure be the kind you can flip over to use the other side.
    They don't make the flippable ones anymore. Or at least that was what we were told when we got our new mattress a year ago. We rotate it every few months, but you can't turn it over.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What kind mattress is not flippable? I've never heard of such.

And, what in the world would a company do with a bunch of leased, used mattresses?? Eeeeeewwwwwww........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    They don't make the flippable ones anymore. Or at least that was what we were told when we got our new mattress a year ago. We rotate it every few months, but you can't turn it over.
    We don't flip ours either, its a pillow top. But we do rotate it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    They still make double sided mattresses.

Well, Serta and Sealy don't make them anymore, we were told. We got our first Serta pillowtop (unflippable) mattress about 7 years ago. Within 3 years the pillowtop had sagged considerably to the left. So we called Sleeptrain and they sent someone to the house to inspect it. It was deemed defective under the guarantee so we went and selected a new Serta pillowtop. 3 years later the mattress had a measurable indentation of 1" on each side. Also deemed defective and covered under the guarantee so we had to go pick out another. By this time we had had it with unfllippable or pillowtop mattresses. Basically we were getting a new $1,000 mattress every few years for about $150, but we were fed up. We had to stay with Sealy to get the most out of our guarantee so we took another pillowtop and so far so good. But when this one goes on us I'm definitely going Sleepnumber. We loved that hotel mattress and we found DH has a much softer preference on his side than I did on mine. Which is funny because he feels our home mattress is too hard and I think too soft.

PS When purchasing an expensive mattress, hang on to that guarantee and sales receipt. Any stains on the mattress will invalidate the guarantee, so always use a mattress pad.
    Debb70 likes this.

I was told the same thing. The salesman said most people do not flip the mattress so the companies stopped making them.
    Punkin likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread