+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6388Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Good news on the weight loss, Debb, but my heart goes out to you for all that you've been dealing with with your cousin. I am glad to hear she's settling in and doing some activities.
    Brooks and Debb70 like this.

Thanks to all. I've put a call in to try to get some volunteers to visit her on a regular basis, so there won't be so much pressure on me.

This entire thing has really put some things into perspective for me. I want to live life to its fullest. We never know what the future holds.

Or what little thing can happen at any moment to change your quality of life. I made a klutzy move at the grocery store just now and smashed my face into the glass of the car door as I was getting in. How can you do something multiple times every day and then miscalculate so badly? I scratched my glasses and my eye is sore. I was debating whether to get new glasses anyway after an eye exam said I could improve my prescription a little but not enough to warrant new glasses if I didn't want to. Guess I'll go ahead and do that now.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ours is not a sleep number. Tempur-pedic is the memory foam, but does not adjust hardness for the people in the bed.

When we went bed shopping, I had tried the Tempur-pedic on my own and LOVED it a lot. But we wanted the dual-king with individual controls to raise and lower the foot sections on each side independently, and it was very expensive. Hubby kept balking at the price. One day at the mall, we went into the Sleep Number store and checked out their dual-king. The guy had us lay on the bed and adjusted mine to my desired comfort level. Then he adjusted hubby to his comfort level. It was the same number, which meant we didn't need a Sleep Number bed . . . we just needed a bed we both liked.

After numerous mentions of the Tempur-pedic, he finally went with me to the mattress store. He laid down on it next to me while the salesman talked for about 15 minutes. One of the things I reiterated about the cost of the Tempur-pedic was that we could pay for it over 12 months with no finance charges. We hate to pay interest!!! After the salesman was done talking, hubby said, "And we can get this delivered on Tuesday, right?" The bed had sold itself. Other than the "hot" issue, we love it. And that is resolved by my having a remote-controlled fan next to the bed which I can turn on if I start to get warm. If I have air blowing on my face, I'm good!

And if I remember correctly, there are now memory foam mattresses out there that advertise that they do not feel hot.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.

Debb, the sleep number and memory foam are two different mattresses. I have slept on a sleep number mattress in a hotel in Sacramento and loved it. I have heard that the memory foam can be hot to sleep on and I wouldn't want that. I would go to one of the big mattress chain stores where they carry both types and try them out and talk to the sales people. Also go online and read customers reviews. It's a big purchase!
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I already owned a new box spring, but really wanted the tempur-pedic experience, so five years ago I bought the pad which is about 1 1/2 inches thick. It works great, though is more firm than I would like. It also has the "hot" problem, which is great during the winter months, but a fan and a light cover work in the summer. My only problem was the smell when I unwrapped it from the plastic. I'm very sensitive, unfortunately, but I solved that by sprinkling it with baking soda then vacuuming it off. I also let it air out about a week before putting it on the bed. I wonder whether the real mattress would have that same new odor problem. I had to return a new couch because of the new material smell being trapped in the plastic from factory onward...anyway...me and the pad have had a happy five years.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With the memory foam mattress/topper, what I have learned is that you should but a cotton mattress cover to combat the hotness factor. I got a topper and could not deal with the sweatiness factor. Bought the slightly padded cotton cover, and it has made all of the difference in the world. My favorite feature is that I can sleep without tossing and turning....that is just eliminated! The least thickness is 3 inches, for the topper, and if you go too thick...above 3....you may have difficulty with your sheets fitting. 2 inches is just not enough, so don't waste your money. Companies frequently will try to give you a great price on 2 inches, but you will be out looking for something better in no time flat. I bought all of my stuff through Amazon. The prices were perfect, and from all of the people I've told about this topper stuff, no one has been disappointed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess I should count my blessings that when I lay down to sleep I'm out before I can worry about comfort and usually sleep through the night. If I wake up, it's usually to congestion so I need to sit up for a while (Sudoku puzzles are my go-to) and then get right back to sleep. I can't function without sleep, so I'm glad that's not a problem for me.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I have considered buying just a topper with the cool foam for my current mattress but haven't had the money to buy one. My memory foam mattress did come with a cover and two pillows.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My topper works out very well, but my regular mattress is an extremely good one that was custom made, to my specs.

You want more than that thin cloth cover on the topper.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread