+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    OMG No! Summer weather hasn't even gotten here yet. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm tired of cold and rain. Early last week we even woke up to snow covering the ground. Granted, it wasn't heavy & it was completely gone by lunch time, but still, it was there when I woke up. The lows have been in the 30's & the highs in the 60's, that is if we're lucky. This week has been mostly in the 50's with rain.
    Usually June is like this. You never know what you're going to get, except lots of rain.

July is usually the turn toward warmer, then August is nice & warm & September OK. October is the beginning of the return of Winter. We kind of skip Fall.
    I say that Fall is the season where the leaves freeze on the trees & fall off with a clunk.

I don't belong here, but I'm stuck (frozen to the ground).
    When we talk about weather I often wish more folks here would post (with their avi settings) what region, if not town or state, they are in so I could picture where weather is doing what. It's hard for me to keep track of where people are, though they may mention it here or there in a post, and I am actually interested in knowing what is going on in different regions.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm in Southwestern Oregon where we currently have lovely blue skies and 79 degrees (F). For those of you who hate humidity, it is at 23% right now. And being that it is the longest daytime of the year, we will have 15 hours and 24 minutes of daylight today! It doesn't get any better than this. Time for me to wander out to my garden and have a glass of wine. Cheers!
    Punkin, Ellen and Eastcoastmom like this.

I love Oregon! Been through a few times and it looks like all of the best of California without the deserts!

I'm in coastal SoCal (San Diego, near Pacific Beach). Today was gorgeous: mid-70s with lovely ocean breezes. Perfect for work today at Old Town, where I wear mid-1800s period attire.

Yesterday I was about 65 miles inland, where it was well into the 90s not so pleasant. It was nice to get back home to a breezy 72!
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm in coastal SoCal (San Diego, near Pacific Beach). Today was gorgeous: mid-70s with lovely ocean breezes. Perfect for work today at Old Town, where I wear mid-1800s period attire.

Yesterday I was about 65 miles inland, where it was well into the 90s — not so pleasant. It was nice to get back home to a breezy 72!
    Today was a beautiful day spent it with the family in the Gaslamp walking around the shops then had a late lunch at the Cheesecake factory. Yesterday I ate my way through the San Diego County fair. Aussie chips,Turkey Legs,Nutty Nutty Hot fudge sundae,Funnel cake and cinnamon rolls. I was so sick when I got home.Smokey Robinson performed I had a great day,lol
    Ellen likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

We took a ride 45 miles down the coast to Pescadero, a small town of farms and fishermen, and met up with my DIL and two young grandchildren (8 and 10) and we picked Ollalieberries at Phipps Ranch. Then we went to Harley Farms Goat Dairy to see the goats and buy some goat cheese. After having lunch at Duarte's (estab. 1893) we followed them home to San Mateo and made a batch of jam with them, showing them how it was done. A lovely day.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Today was a beautiful day spent it with the family in the Gaslamp walking around the shops then had a late lunch at the Cheesecake factory. Yesterday I ate my way through the San Diego County fair. Aussie chips,Turkey Legs,Nutty Nutty Hot fudge sundae,Funnel cake and cinnamon rolls. I was so sick when I got home.Smokey Robinson performed I had a great day,lol
    What is an Aussie chip?
    There's no place like home!

Man, you guys sound like you are having so much fun! I haven't traveled in awhile. I hope I can someday soon. I was planning a family gathering for a week at the beach, but I didn't get much cooperation and now with the house renovation we are all focused on, it looks pretty dismissal.

My aunt and uncle are going to CA in the fall to visit family members and I told them I really would like to join them. I know they stay with my uncles's two sisters, who live in different counties in CA. I can't recall the names, but I think one is near Sacramento and the other near Lake Tahoe. If I get some matters straight by then, who knows......I might be able to make it.

Yes, I like to be reminded of which states people are located. I lose track. I'm in NC and normally it's hot and humid. Except this past winter it was COLD and snowed A LOT. That's very unusual for us. Now, it's been VERY hot for the last couple of weeks. Today, I think it's only going to reach the high 80's! Thank goodness. lol

We are going to see Michael Buble tonight. I cant believe how quickly it sold out. Its a family affair we just found out my husbands brother and his wife are going. So is his cousin and her husband.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    When we talk about weather I often wish more folks here would post (with their avi settings) what region, if not town or state, they are in so I could picture where weather is doing what. It's hard for me to keep track of where people are, though they may mention it here or there in a post, and I am actually interested in knowing what is going on in different regions.
    Sorry. I thought that with all my weather whining that everyone knew I lived in Montana. Sometimes I refer to it as the Frozen Northern Wasteland. I've mentioned it in a few posts/threads, but I guess that expecting everyone to remember absolutely everyone's location is asking a bit much. I know I don't.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread