+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I usually only look at things that have free shipping. But if you can't find free shipping for the item you want to buy, you should be able to find a place where you put in your zip code and several shipping options with the prices will come up.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    How does shipping costs work when you buy something large on EBay? Just curious.
    That is the catch! Shipping cost can vary drastically depending on the seller, so you have to look for the item you want and then comb through the listings to figure out which is the best deal. $20 and $4 shipping is WAY better than $7 and $30 shipping!!
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's my latest issue. I finally decided to come to the village for help. My phone is T-Mobile. It is a Samsung, if that matters. While I can receive text messages from any of my personal friends, seemingly, I don't seem to be able to receive text messages from places like my public library, Amazon.com, DISH network. You specifically sign up for notifications, but they don't come through. What am I doing wrong? If I want to know where a package is in the delivery process, on Amazon I have to go to the actual site for information....where it will not only show me what is going on but it will also show me that I am, indeed, signed up to receive step-by-step text messages about the process.....but I do not get the text messages.

WHERE HAVE I GONE WRONG???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's my latest issue. I finally decided to come to the village for help. My phone is T-Mobile. It is a Samsung, if that matters. While I can receive text messages from any of my personal friends, seemingly, I don't seem to be able to receive text messages from places like my public library, Amazon.com, DISH network. You specifically sign up for notifications, but they don't come through. What am I doing wrong? If I want to know where a package is in the delivery process, on Amazon I have to go to the actual site for information....where it will not only show me what is going on but it will also show me that I am, indeed, signed up to receive step-by-step text messages about the process.....but I do not get the text messages.

WHERE HAVE I GONE WRONG???
    I have never had any problem getting these kind of alerts. I get tracking alerts from Amazon, a variety of sale and/or coupon alerts, and weather alerts from my local news station. They are just regular SMS messages, so if your phone is getting other messages it should be capable of getting these notification messages. I wonder if you have some kind of "spam filter" on your account that tries to block messages it thinks are sales pitches? I would call T-Mobile and ask them what's up!?

ETA: I hope you find Amazon more useful than I do. I usually get their "package delivered" text an hour or so after I have received and opened it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have gotten spam messages and I have no idea why. They have been from companies I have not recognized, much less not signed up for. They have ceased when I've entered the word 'STOP'.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought my cell phone needed a bath apparently. I was on it coming home from the store and had gotten mulch out of the car while talking and went to put it on the garden laid the phone down and forgot about it and we had a rain saturday and it was outside where I left it. Needless to say I had to get me another phone. I had the Galaxy Note but went to the Galaxy4. Lot smaller.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

My mom taught me to never wish away time, but I wish this week was OVER!!! We have 3 more days of school and the students are off the wall. I have an easy, fun project for the last week and my 5th graders are all doing fine. My 8th graders are openly hostile that I'm expecting them to work. I've never seen anything like it in all my years of teaching. They had their field day yesterday and then came to our classes (art, music, shop, etc.). NOBODY brought a pencil (I teach art, and that is a requirement). Fine. I broke out new pencils and sharpened them all. They would not settle down for me to teach the lesson. They whined, "Why do we have to work? it won't count for our grades." I ended up sending 4 to the office and had the vice principal come up to speak to them. Today they were rude, disinterested, vile. What do they think we are going to do for the week - just sit there and talk? I would think it would make the time pass faster to have a fun, easy project. It's not like they're not allowed to talk while they work.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry Gutmutter. I can't imagine what you're going through. I can't relate at all. We were taught to be polite and obedient to our school teachers regardless. I never even considered not being that way. Apparently, their parents don't teach them how to behave at school. It's terrible. I guess that's why there are so many slack employees in our country.
    Gutmutter likes this.

One of the rudest girls today told me I was rude (for asking someone to work who was doing nothing). I was gob-smacked. Do they have NO self awareness?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread