+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5811Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I like to watch and occasionally go to Cleveland Indians baseball games. I'll watch Nascar if there's not much else on tv.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What's your latest goofy gadget?
    Not a goofy gadget so much, but over the last year I discovered that I LOVE cooking on Pampered Chef stoneware! I don't love the feel of it or the fact that I can't put it in the dishwasher, but the performance of it overrules any complaints. I have been cooking for years and never have I had cookies bake so evenly. After seeing the cookie success I bought a number of other pieces and have cooked pizzas, breads, enchiladas, brownies, etc, etc and every time the cooking quality is impeccable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Am I the only person around here who is not a soccer or baseball fan? For me, the only thing the over-televised World Cup coverage is good for is exercising my fast-forwarding skills; same goes for baseball and basketball
    I have always thought watching baseball was right up there with watching paint dry. Doesn't even matter if it is televised or live. Before this year I would have been hard pressed to even know the World Cup was happening. Is it just me, or is the coverage a lot more "in your face" this year? BUT this is the first World Cup since my daughter got involved in traveling soccer and she has been very interested. She has a number of games DVRed and has started watching them on her own. I actually think it gives her a great alternate view of the strategy and teamwork! I sat down and watched part of a game with her last night and it was quite interesting. I think I may have more World Cup viewing in my future over the next few weeks!

On a side note, my daughter (disappointedly) informed me a few weeks ago that women do not get to play in the World Cup. I hadn't really given it much thought. Upon investigation I discovered that there is a separate Women's World Cup that also happens every four years, in the year after the men's World Cup. The Women's World Cup will be held next year in Canada. I thought it was a bit odd that they wouldn't hold it in the same location as the men after investing so much money in venues...

I have not one ounce of interest in any kind of sports.
    Pampered Chef stoneware is the best! I love finding it at yard sales. I had larger pieces from when I was cooking for a family of 5, but I've found smaller ones that are a better size for me now. I like to make a small peach or berry cobbler for just a few small servings.
    PGM35 and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    Count your blessings!

I lost all interest in football after seeing documentaries on the way head injuries have destroyed the lives of so many players and former players. The NFL is in denial. It effects the entire family. Now it makes me feel a little ill when I see it.

I do love college basketball. ACC basketball is like a religion in NC. No kidding. I don't know of anyone who isn't into it. I don't think it's possible. lol
    PGM35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Pampered Chef stoneware is the best! I love finding it at yard sales. I had larger pieces from when I was cooking for a family of 5, but I've found smaller ones that are a better size for me now. I like to make a small peach or berry cobbler for just a few small servings.
    I don't yard sale much (mostly due to my lack of any available time), but I have gotten a few pieces on eBay at a reasonable price. I'm sure yard sales offer a much better deal though!!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I have not one ounce of interest in any kind of sports.
    You always find the coolest things at yard sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I like baseball and football (all three kinds). "Reality" TV? Sick of it. Wouldn't mind if the genre went away.
    Reality TV can be considered a great thing, it helped us find each other
    Ok I am in a huggy type mood for some reason tonight.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Ellen and 4 others like this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Reality TV can be considered a great thing, it helped us find each other
    Ok I am in a huggy type mood for some reason tonight.
    Ah hugs. I have to agree with what you posted
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Before this year I would have been hard pressed to even know the World Cup was happening. Is it just me, or is the coverage a lot more "in your face" this year? BUT this is the first World Cup since my daughter got involved in traveling soccer and she has been very interested. She has a number of games DVRed and has started watching them on her own. I actually think it gives her a great alternate view of the strategy and teamwork! I sat down and watched part of a game with her last night and it was quite interesting. I think I may have more World Cup viewing in my future over the next few weeks!

On a side note, my daughter (disappointedly) informed me a few weeks ago that women do not get to play in the World Cup. I hadn't really given it much thought. Upon investigation I discovered that there is a separate Women's World Cup that also happens every four years, in the year after the men's World Cup. The Women's World Cup will be held next year in Canada. I thought it was a bit odd that they wouldn't hold it in the same location as the men after investing so much money in venues...
    It is absolutely not just you. I have no interest in Soccer & never have. I've heard of the World Cup in the past, but have never known or heard of when or where it is, just that it exists. But this year it's all over the TV, internet, sports coverage on Nightly News, etc. They're treating it like it's the Olympics or something. I can't avoid it, although I'm trying my best to ignore it.

Baseball, on the other hand, I don't mind. I even watch it sometimes (at World Series time). I remember my Dad taking us to professional baseball games a few times when I was young. I guess it holds some nostalgia for me. Plus I at least understand the game.
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I don't yard sale much (mostly due to my lack of any available time), but I have gotten a few pieces on eBay at a reasonable price. I'm sure yard sales offer a much better deal though!!
    How does shipping costs work when you buy something large on EBay? Just curious.

+ Reply to Thread