+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I need some input from my FORT friends. Years ago when all we had to rely on was snail mail, an acknowledgment of a gift could take several weeks. I guess I am being impatient but I sent my husband's cousin an engagement gift. It was purchased from Amazon and I paid extra for gift wrap. It supposedly arrived on Wednesday evening. She lives in a condo so I am worried that it was delivered to her doorstep and perhaps someone else picked it up. UPS and Fed Ex just drop my packages off on my front porch. Fortunately, I have never had anything stolen off my porch when I wasn't home to receive things, but it could happen. I am not expecting a written thank you so soon, and heck, might not even get one, but I find it odd that she did not drop me a quick Facebook message saying 'hey, got your gift. Thanks." Like I said, I am just concerned that she never got the gift. Am I being unreasonable and should I drop HER a line asking if she has received the package?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I need some input from my FORT friends. Years ago when all we had to rely on was snail mail, an acknowledgment of a gift could take several weeks. I guess I am being impatient but I sent my husband's cousin an engagement gift. It was purchased from Amazon and I paid extra for gift wrap. It supposedly arrived on Wednesday evening. She lives in a condo so I am worried that it was delivered to her doorstep and perhaps someone else picked it up. UPS and Fed Ex just drop my packages off on my front porch. Fortunately, I have never had anything stolen off my porch when I wasn't home to receive things, but it could happen. I am not expecting a written thank you so soon, and heck, might not even get one, but I find it odd that she did not drop me a quick Facebook message saying 'hey, got your gift. Thanks." Like I said, I am just concerned that she never got the gift. Am I being unreasonable and should I drop HER a line asking if she has received the package?
    I can only go by our condo, they are never allowed to drop it off at the front. If they try and deliver, and she wasn't home, they leave a note to say there is a package for you. We also have safe drop, the PO will leave my package at my door on the 12th floor. I have seen packages on this floor left by the door for over a week. Nobody touches it, but that's this condo. I bet she got a notice ECM can you track it to see if it says delivered, I track mine and it will say held , notice given..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Fanny, I did track it and the package was delivered BUT delivery just means it was dropped off. I am not sure, now, if she lives in a townhouse or condo because usually a townhouse has a front door and possibly steps. If it's a condo it could either be a high rise or garden apartment, so not sure. It didn't say she had to sign for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Fanny, I did track it and the package was delivered BUT delivery just means it was dropped off. I am not sure, now, if she lives in a townhouse or condo because usually a townhouse has a front door and possibly steps. If it's a condo it could either be a high rise or garden apartment, so not sure. It didn't say she had to sign for it.
    Hmm, maybe drop her a quick message . I hate to think of anyone stealing parcels etc., so maybe a message would put your mind at ease. I don't think you are being unreasonable. Not at all
    Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I can only go by our condo, they are never allowed to drop it off at the front. If they try and deliver, and she wasn't home, they leave a note to say there is a package for you. We also have safe drop, the PO will leave my package at my door on the 12th floor. I have seen packages on this floor left by the door for over a week. Nobody touches it, but that's this condo. I bet she got a notice ECM can you track it to see if it says delivered, I track mine and it will say held , notice given..
    You live on the 12th floor? Yipes! I don't even think we have a building around here with 6 floors. Even our Hotels/Motels pretty much max out at 4. I don't think there's enough people or businesses here to inhabit 6 floors of anything. Apartment complexes are usually 2-3 floors high.

Property is not at a premium here. This is something I'm grateful for & like here. Commuting is a 10-15 minute drive from darned near any home in town to the Business District.

Back to Eastcoastmom: If it were me, I'd either text or e-mail her a pleasant short message asking her if she received your gift. Mention that since it was direct shipped from Amazon, you wanted to make sure she got it, rather than a neighbor. And throw a "Congratulations" in there. She's probably being bombarded with well wishes, gifts, etc. now & is quite busy & just hasn't gotten around to it.

I'm a bit direct about these things. I figure: If you want to know, ask, but do it pleasantly.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

You live on the 12th floor? Yipes! I don't even think we have a building around here with 6 floors. Even our Hotels/Motels pretty much max out at 4. I don't think there's enough people or businesses here to inhabit 6 floors of anything. Apartment complexes are usually 2-3 floors high.
    Yes, we are the top floor. The building going up near us has 30 floors I went up to have a look and the view OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought we had it great watching storms roil in so far away, they can see to the next day up there. 12 is high enough for me.
    -Andy Rooney-

Amazingly, and against seemingly astronomical odds, frequently (every time) when I vacation at a resort I inexplicably run into the opportunity to adopt a feral cat (or several) to feed during my stay. I have three Tuxedo sibling cats at home and, as if by magic, a skinny year old Tuxedo passed by my condo almost immediately as I checked in! To DH:, "Hurry, we've got to go to Safeway for cat food!" (He's used to this.) This little guy has markings similar to my "Buddy" at home and I soon found he had a sister and another furry friend who all were up for a little free dry and canned cat food. I felt a bit bad for abandoning them as I had to come home, but have faith that another cat-lady with an understanding husband moved in as I moved out.

003.jpg
    Lil Bit likes this.

I would check to see if she got it. The majority of people I send things to never acknowledge they received it and give no thank you. I have to ask them. Most people just don't think about being courteous. It doesn't even dawn on them apparently. Most of these people are under the age of 40.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

"Hey, Sweetie . . . I was cleaning out my e-mail inbox and saw the confirmation from Amazon for the gift I ordered for you. According to the tracking, it was dropped off at your place on (DATE). Now the worrywart in me is working full-time, and I just want to confirm that you got it . . . rather than some lucky passerby who saw it on the porch. Please excuse my worrying, but it's who I am!!!! So excited for you and (FIANCE'S NAME)!"

(At least this is what I would send.)
    Punkin, Ellen and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I would check to see if she got it. The majority of people I send things to never acknowledge they received it and give no thank you. I have to ask them. Most people just don't think about being courteous. It doesn't even dawn on them apparently. Most of these people are under the age of 40.
    Hah, she just turned 39. I don't want to paint all young'uns with the same brush so... I just don't 'get it'. My mama raised me to be courteous and acknowledge all gifts, both large and small. Good manners seems to have gone out the window. Normally, I'd give her a break and wait some time, but it's not like I was at her engagement party or a wedding or bridal shower, and know that she got the gift. That's what is worrying me, that she didn't get it.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread