+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

DesertRose - I'd put it back in the mail box. If the previous owner hasn't given the new address to people by now, then I'm guessing she doesn't care about keeping in touch with the sender. You're very nice to keep informing her of this. If she hasn't gotten the message by now, that she needs to give people her new address, then it's not important to her.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2195856;
    DesertRose - I'd put it back in the mail box. If the previous owner hasn't given the new address to people by now, then I'm guessing she doesn't care about keeping in touch with the sender. You're very nice to keep informing her of this. If she hasn't gotten the message by now, that she needs to give people her new address, then it's not important to her.
    I agree. After two years, this person doesn't care... and maybe she intentionally didn't want some people (like the person in Spain?) to have her new information.

Premium Member
    I agree, too. You've gone far above and beyond the call of duty already. It's really not your problem.

DesertRose, we have the same thing happening at our house. Anything from the government I do the "return to sender" thing, the christmas cards, most of which are from overseas and don't have return addresses, I just toss in the recycling. I figure if George hasn't given these people his new address after three years it really isn't up to me to keep them apprised of his whereabouts (which I don't actually know.) To be honest, though, I am not inclined to feel kindly towards the prior residents given the hideous decor, the amount of garbage we had to get rid off and the visits from the police looking for George with respect to some sort of gun violation.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'd return to sender, as well. If nothing else, the person in Spain will learn the friend has moved.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I was leaning towards returning it to the sender, but I felt guilty. With your approval, I will be able to do just that, guilt free. Thanks!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    The guy I bought my house from is a doctor. For a bit more than a year, I'd forward to him what didn't get sent by the post office, especially if it looked private. (Catalogs were a different matter. I wasn't going to forward 368 Pottery Barn catalogs.) After the first year, I started doing "return to sender", especially the time some hospital sent what looked to be voluminous patient records. I *still* get mail addressed to him, seven years later, but the vast majority of it is drug company promotional items.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I used to get bill collector telephone calls for the people that had my number before I did. Their correct, updated telephone number was even appearing on my bill. I started giving the bill collectors the updated telephone number! Everything eventually stopped.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

. . . the christmas cards, most of which are from overseas and don't have return addresses, I just toss in the recycling.
    First, check them for money
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

For about a year, I got stuff from Dominos. The guy that lived at this address before me owns the local franchise. When I got the first one, I didn't notice it wasn't MY name (just saw the Dominos thing) and thought it was a promotion. It was a check for over $100, some franchise bonus thing. I called Dominos, got this guy on the phone, and he came by to pick it up. He never said thanks or anything, basically grabbed it out of my hand. I got a second one, I called him, same thing..he came by, didn't even say thanks. By the fourth one I mentioned to him that he might want to give them his actual address. A few checks later, same thing, I'd call him, he'd pick it up, no thanks, EVER. SO, finally, I got a check, called him, and said "you know, you could give me a free pizza for letting you know about these" or something to that effect. He did in fact bring me that free pizza when he picked up that check, and I guess THAT was motivation enough for him to finally give them his real address, as I never got another one of his checks.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread