+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a clock that sits on top of a entertainment center. I sometimes forget to change the time for daylights savings time (which I dislike and think is stupid, another topic). There are people that I know who when they come over, will stay and stay and stay...One time they came for dinner and following their pattern, stayed and stayed until the wife looked up at the clock and said Oh My, we need to go! It was an hour earlier.
    prhoshay, PGM35 and Eastcoastmom like this.

I am early everywhere I have to go. It was ingrained in me from a child whose parents were the same way. I hate tardiness. My ex boss was always late and didn't care. Drove me nuts. Inconsiderate people get on my nerves.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Ellen and 2 others like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Well, I'm home from vacation and am spending the day watching all those DVR'd shows I missed while away.

In the "Should I laugh or cry" department: When DH and I go away for a week my adult (bi-polar) son who lives with us watches the house and cares for the cats. We often come home to a sink full of dirty dishes. Sometimes we'll call to say we are on our way and we'll find the dishwasher running, but still with some dishes in the sink. As we left this time I reminded him I left the kitchen clean and the dishwasher empty so he only need put the dishes into the dishwasher as he uses them. He denies that he always leaves a mess. It so happens I have been carrying a picture of my kitchen in my purse for a few weeks because I'm looking for a new fabric to recover the seats on the chairs in my breakfast nook. The main color in the kitchen is peach with the breakfast nook in pink and I wanted to find a floral pattern with both colors so I took a pic to find a fabric match. That gave me a chance for 'before' and 'after' pics.

Before: Maui 2014 003.jpg

After: Maui 06414 023.jpg

Strangely, the dishwasher is still totally empty. I think I'm laughing instead of crying, because I now have visual proof next time when he tries to deny we always come home to a mess. His excuse is that he thought we said we'd be home on the 6th. (Somehow that makes sense to him.) There was not a single glass or cup in the cabinet nor a single spoon, soup spoon, fork or salad fork left in the stainless flatware drawer.
    Last edited by Punkin; 06-05-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    inthegarden likes this.

Ok Punkin, I'm going to need your sons number to call and tell him that is completely unacceptable.
    I say that but my son has the ability to fill the sink with dishes on a daily basis. What is it about the kids that they don't feel the need to keep "our" houses clean. When my son and his wife lived with us I stayed mad about the messy house. I would be so uncomfortable living in someone elses house I would be neurotic about cleaning up after myself.
    My other sons gf who lives with us is the opposite. She cleans up things that she doesn't have any business messing with. There is a method to my madness. I was late taking Christmas decorations down because I wanted to go through and purge it all and I needed to buy some containers to store everything nicely. I left for 30 minutes when I returned she had took everything down and shoved back into the old boxes. On one hand I'm glad she's cleaner then my dil but she seriously needs to leave "my" stuff alone.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'm sure she thought she was helping. I don't know if I could ever live with anyone else after having lived alone so long now. I like my space, my mess, know where things are, and can only blame myself if things get out of control.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Punkin I guess it's a good thing you came home when you did since he was out of dishes.
    I'm glad you had fun on your trip and are back to your nest. There's no place like home x's 3. click!

Clean or messy, I like your kitchen.

I agree Punkin you have proof. Omg I couldn't live like that. I am such a tidy nut, thankfully so is hubby.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Poor, poor Punkin. I can sympathize. My son isn't OCD . . . just lazy and oblivious. When he and his (now ex-) wife lived with us, I'd go around every night and stack the stuff they'd left all over the house right in front of their bedroom door. Every night. They never "got it." His second wife is a better influence on him.

I wish lazy people would understand that it takes TWICE as much work to leave messes around. You have to go through stacks of stuff to look for what you want. If you'd put it away as soon as you were done with it, you could go right back to it!!!! I don't have to get up from my recliner to tell people where to find things in my house, because everything is where it belongs. How lazy is that? LOL.
    Punkin and CantGetNuf like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Punkin Pie, look on the bright side.....at least it wasn't burned down. It definitely could have been worse.

Punkin, I'm not sure there's any real point in being a 'right fighter'. We teach people how to treat us, and shouldn't really be surprised when we get what we get. We must learn how to lessen our own stress.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-05-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A friend of mine went on vacation to Europe last summer and arranged to have someone come stay at her home and take care of her dog and her traveling companion's dog. This was a friend of a friend who was the house-/dog-sitter and she was being paid quite nicely for her services. Long story short: my friend came home to find that her dog had destroyed half of the furniture. She had to have a sofa and at least one chair reupholstered and the carpet replaced. Her dog has a bit (ha!) of separation anxiety. The housesitter had the nerve to be shocked by the damage. I told my friend that there's no way that woman stayed at the house. Neighbors confirmed not seeing her car. I KNOW this woman probably ran in, put down food and water and left again. I guess my friend should feel lucky that the dogs were alive. My friend, who is very nice and apparently, doesn't like confrontation, actually PAID the women! I told her, "You paid her to let your dog destroy your furniture." The person who recommended the women actually made excuses I would have told her I'd pay her what was left after the cost of damages.....and if the cost was more than the amount I was going to pay, I'd send her a bill! Some people have no shame.

When my friend went away again recently, she had a different person stay at the house and she was a superstar. Thank GOD.

So yeah, Punkin. I guess that's my way of saying it could be worse! Hope you were able to get your kitchen back together quickly. So, if he was out of plates and flatware, was he moving on to paper plates and plastic forks?
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread