+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OK so what can be my, admittedly, sick sense of humor took over as I read this article. I had a couple of lines of thinking: 1. Maybe she couldn't tell the difference between his 'dead' persona and his alive one? 2. Maybe she got sick of him always choosing to be late for everything?

This article gave me a good laugh this morning. Sometimes, women are pushed to their limits with their husbands. I've seen it before.

Police examine finances of wife who lived with dead body
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK so what can be my, admittedly, sick sense of humor took over as I read this article. I had a couple of lines of thinking: 1. Maybe she couldn't tell the difference between his 'dead' persona and his alive one? 2. Maybe she got sick of him always choosing to be late for everything?

This article gave me a good laugh this morning. Sometimes, women are pushed to their limits with their husbands. I've seen it before.

Police examine finances of wife who lived with dead body
    She needs a mental evaluation and quickly!

Only if she has another husband lurking somewhere!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I could NOT handle a perpetually late friend. A few minutes is fine, but HOUR(S)!? That's insane! First of all, I already don't have enough hours in my day to get everything done. I would be FURIOUS if I wasted it waiting on someone like that! Second, I would probably end up feeling badly thinking my friend must not care enough about hanging out with me to show up on time!
    Ellen, PGM35 and Photobabe like this.

I'd say don't even waste your energy! It's not YOUR problem/issue....it's theirs. We have enough to weigh us down, as it is. Don't take on other people's problems. Step lively, and keep it moving!
    PGM35, ClosetRTWatcher and Lizard like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

While I own that I have social anxiety, I will say I am always early when I do go somewhere. I also have a huge fear of being late and that drives my friends nutty as well. My only time going to Hawaii and I was a freaking mess waiting on others to pull it together and get in the car for the airport. Once on the plane, I relaxed and enjoyed myself. It's not that others' lateness, or having a more elastic sense of time gets to me, but for me to be late feels like a death sentence. I'm someone who takes my kindle to the doctor's office because I'm a half hour ahead of the appointment and they are always at least 15 min behind. Just my way of coping, though I don't wish it on anyone else.
    Punkin, Ellen and PGM35 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I remember, once, when we were due to go somewhere, I went through the house and moved EVERY clock in the house up by an hour or two, to get us where we were going on time. It worked out perfectly, and Stooopid was none the wiser! That should NOT be necessary. That sense of self-entitlement is unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I remember, once, when we were due to go somewhere, I went through the house and moved EVERY clock in the house up by an hour or two, to get us where we were going on time. It worked out perfectly, and Stooopid was none the wiser! That should NOT be necessary. That sense of self-entitlement is unbearable.
    That's something I would never do. Nope, that's sort of changing my behaviour to enable someone else..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It was more about ME being in control of the situation.....An experiment, if you will. I didn't have to rant and rave about the time....that was pointless, anyway. It left me a lot calmer. He was too stupid to know.

There came a point in my marriage where it was more important to make things easier on myself, since nobody else seemed interested in doing it.

To thine own self be true.
    Ellen, Brooks and PGM35 like this.

Ah, okay. That make sense I guess.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread