+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5861Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't even suffer the perpetually late. I simply leave. I am not going to call and see if you are coming or not. I give you two times after that you can expect to be left behind! My time is just as valuable as theirs and I have better things to do other than waiting on disrespectful people to show up.
    Ellen, captain, Lil Bit and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I consider Anxiety a medical condition, which I really think it is. It runs in my family and I have first hand experience with it. If you cancel due to a medical condition, then that is legit in my book. That being said, my friend who would cancel all the time did not have anxiety issues. She was just undependable. When she did show up, she was always late....very late. She would usually be at least one hour late for everything I have every known her to show up for. Even her jobs! It's weird.

It only took a few months before I got her number. I saw her do this with other people too. After awhile I stopped relying on her or expecting her to do anything. If we made lunch plans, I would not even head out, until she was almost there. I would ask her call me when she was almost there. Most of the time she called and cancelled, so I didn't even have to leave my office to miss her. I never ask her to do anything, because it's almost certain she will not show up. She's always anxious to make plans, but just can't follow through. It's a real handicap.
    An hour?? Why even bother at that point? I understand 10-15 min due to traffic or work sometimes keeps me from leaving on time at lunch or after work but I'd text or call that I'm on my way or such and such minutes from being there. Usually I arrange to leave early for things that I plan.

But like you I have friends that I don't like to wait for and get them to text when they are close or already there so I can then show up.

I don't understand the medical condition but I do know it exists. but some people don't have that reason or any real good excuses. It's annoying to always make plans and always bail. Why is their time more important than yours. Or if something 'better' comes along to do, I don't need you around. What's the saying, stop making someone a priority if you are only their option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it's stupid to sweat over including the people who cause us the most annoyance. Why even bother? Once the invites stop coming, they'll either get it or they won't. AND WHO CARES? It's called "moving on". Cut the weak links from the herd. Survival of the fittest and, apparently (for whatever the reason), they are not fit. I was married to "one of those". Geez.....what an embarrassment. I've not been late since I dumped that loser.

I take that back....my car wouldn't start once, and the automobile club guys are not waiting at to corner to come to my rescue.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We are always on time. Or early. I tease my husband all the time about how early we get to airports for flights. He seems to think that if we get to airport AFTER the flight crew, they'll close the plane up and not let us on. Sometimes we get to the airport before the flight crew has left their last stop. LOL.

We were - for a short time - friends with a couple that was at least two hours late for anything we were going to do together. Yep. Two hours. Once we offered to keep their toddler son overnight so they could go to a New Year's Eve party. They were going to drop him off around 10 PM, then drive 45 minutes to the party. They actually dropped him off at 11:45 . . . to go to a New Year's Eve party that was 45 minutes away. Ummmmm . . . isn't the purpose of a NYE party to be there by midnight to celebrate the new year? After that, we decided that we were NEVER going to be able to understand their thought processes, and the friendship fizzled out.

Ever since then, we just don't develop friendships with people who habitually don't respect others enough to be on time.
    Punkin and Photobabe like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like Dr. Phil says, you teach people how to treat you!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-05-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had a "friend" who was perpetually late. So I set "get together" time a half hour before the real time. And then an hour. Yeah, she caught on to the concept of "buffer time" and took even more advantage of that.
    Long story short? We're no longer friends. I'm not sure we were ever really friends in the first place, come to think of it, given her disregard for my time.
    PGM35, MsDiva2007 and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We are always on time. Or early. I tease my husband all the time about how early we get to airports for flights. He seems to think that if we get to airport AFTER the flight crew, they'll close the plane up and not let us on. Sometimes we get to the airport before the flight crew has left their last stop. LOL.
    This is my husband!!LOL He gets there so early, once we got there and we couldn't even go through customs. We are always early for everything, that's the way we both are though thank goodness
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    This is my husband!!LOL He gets there so early, once we got there and we couldn't even go through customs. We are always early for everything, that's the way we both are though thank goodness
    Luckily, my husband and I are on the same page regarding punctuality.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Luckily, my husband and I are on the same page regarding punctuality.
    I can't imagine being married to someone that is late for everything, I would end up going alone
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I can't imagine being married to someone that is late for everything, I would end up going alone
    Me too.
    My husband and I are opposites in several areas (introvert/extravert, non-dancer/dancer, for example) but the "always late" thing would be a deal-breaker for both of us.

+ Reply to Thread