+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

That is pretty crazy. I'm sorry your friend lost her father in such a horrible way. I have wondered when you know a family is crazy and you just "think" they might need monitoring who do you call? There was one family that I knew were "off" just by looking at them. Many times I'd drive by and one or more would just be standing in the yard with completely blank look. Not a daydreaming look or a I'm stoned look but just a completely checked out look. It was about a year after I noticed them and started wondering how you find out if people like that are actually "ok" and being looked after, that the adult daughter killed the father. Apparently the whole family suffered from some kind of mental disability. I always wonder what I could have done to get them help. But who could I call and what do I say? "Those people appear to be crazy because they're always randomly standing in the yard staring into space. Can you go check on them?" And from what I understand they were already in they "system" but until someone actually snaps and does something like that, there isn't anything you can do.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

No - there isn't anything you could have done, so don't beat yourself up about it. Unfortunately mental health care is not what it should be.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The people that I know weren't that "type" of crazy; in fact, people saw them as a family with a lot going for them as far as community involvement and position. They were/are just "strange". I used to tease my friend that she looked at her people as "those people across the street" that the neighborhood talked about, and she had to laugh, she said, because that's who they were. Physically, very good looking people. They would just make you scratch your head in wonderment. I can't help but wonder how crazy people find each other.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Adding my welcome to all our new folks. I'm a TWoP survivor, too. Used to post on both forums, but gave up trying to figure out how to please one of the mods over there. The rules seemed to change at a whim. The moderating here is fantastic, and the people are the best!!!!
    Don't you know it!!!!!!!!! Not to badmouth, but although the members of TWOP were GREAT, the rules were out of this world. Depending on the particular forum, it was always scary posting, as you never knew when a small infraction could be detected from a very innocent post. It was stressful and time consuming as I had to review the posts several times, analyze it and then cautiously post.
    AZChristian likes this.

I got banned from there and never found out why. I still went to read, though.
    Amy Lee and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I got banned from there and never found out why. I still went to read, though.
    LOl I got banned to from there. Apparently because I simply asked if you hate the duggars so much why are you in here posting and watching a show you hate lol. reading the post over there was funny though.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm very surprised that TWoP has closed! They were a huge site with so many show discussions. I posted there once in a while but it was too big to really make any personal connections with the other posters.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is TWoP? Yes....I live in a cave.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is TWoP? Yes....I live in a cave.
    It was a huge forum called television without pity. If you enjoyed snark it was full of snarky reality tv posts!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I never was a member of TWoP, but read there religiously and was sad to hear it was closing.

+ Reply to Thread