+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6808Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

A redneck friend of mine (her claim to fame, she says) told me that NASCAR developed around moonshine running, so I'm surprised that they didn't develop their after-race celebration around something like that. Either one is as gross as the other, if you ask me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    That's interesting about the buttermilk. Thanks for looking that up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just don't like to mislead anybody by calling him my husband, but I think that's what I'll use. I just like being honest.
    We've never jumped the broom and Calif. doesn't recognize common law marriage but we've made some things legal. We are each others medical power of attorney along with my kids and a few things like that.
    I don't know why we've never married. We get along so good and we just really get each other so we've always had an if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of attitude.

Arielflies, thanks for that reminder. Until a couple of years ago I wasn't an internet/computer person at all. I was an outdoor girl. I'm not too internet savvy and forget things like that sometimes.

i like that you want to be honest but it's nobody's business. and I don't mean that disrespectfully. me and my guy aren't married either but live together in a house that we bought together, we don't file taxes together but have a joint bank account, as well as both our names on his truck but only my name on mine and in Texas if you present yourselves as married, for a certain period of time, you can go to the courthouse and file as common law but that to me is the same as getting married so what is the point of that if you don't want to actually get married. So we have never done it either. We each have our own insurance with our respective jobs but the only thing we have't done is the power of attorney for medical stuff and that would scare me if he was hurt and I wouldn't be allowed in the hospital and what not. I guess I'd need to consider that at some point. I am a beneficiary on his life insurance and he on mine but I've heard that gets complicated as well as his 401K and mine with benefits sometimes going to next of kin even if stated to a person other than.
    NorwIndian likes this.

Am I the last person to know that Salt Lake City, Utah has a gang problem?? Interesting!

Crips in Utah: Gang culture invades an unlikely turf
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    i like that you want to be honest but it's nobody's business.
    Boom!
    That's it right there. My family tree is so twisted my brother dates my sister. They're not related in any way. But they're both my half siblings. The family that lives closest to me are my in laws. I get so tired of saying, step, half, in law, third cousin twice removed, that I have done away with all of it. Now I say brother, sister, aunt, cousin. Whatever. If someone is really interested then I'll go in depth. Otherwise it's "nobody's business". (I do love shocking people by saying, "My brother dates my sister.")
    And what name can you give a man that you've cohabitated with for a couple of decades, cleaned up after, fed, bought underwear for. Either husband or son. If you plan on smooching in public then I'd stick with husband.

I agree you should do paperwork just for the benefits. I remember watching an HBO special about lesbian couples. There were four different scenarios. One of them that broke my heart was the elderly couple. They'd basically lived as "roommates" since they were still in the closet. One of them passed away and right after the funeral her nephew and his family showed up at the house and started taking all of the gay couples things because they were technically his aunts. I could imagine any couple going through the same thing if they don't have the proper paperwork.
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I remember that movie! That part was so sad. The family were such jerks.

We've got our paperwork together. I'm not on his insurance but I've got my own so that's not a big deal. As long as we're the ones who make legal and medical decisions for the other if they are incapable, that's the main thing we wanted legalized.

I hope everybody had a great weekend!
    Punkin and PGM35 like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Prishay, I watched a show on Spike once about gangs and some of the cities with the worst gangs, like Salt Lake really surprised me. That show scared the heck out of me. Those people are ruthless. They just don't care. They will walk up and shoot you in the head and walk away like it's nothing. They are crazy.
    It really scared me.

How do you guys bold peoples names? I've seen bolding (is that a word?) and italics used and I can't figure out how to do it.
    Thanks.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My easy way to bold names. Double click on the name, which highlights the whole name. Then press the Ctrl key and the B key at the same time.
    If you've done it correctly, it will look like this . . . [B]NorWindian[ /B] . . . without the space before the last slash mark.

If you want italics, just double click on the name (or click and drag the cursor over the text you want in italics), then press the Ctrl key and the I key at the same time. Then it looks like this (without the extra space): [I]NorWindian[ /I]

Now I'm going to copy those two versions of your name and put them here WITHOUT the space.

NorWindian
    NorWindian

When you post the reply, it shows up the way you want it to look.
    Punkin likes this.

Or you can use the edit buttons at the top of the posting screen. Highlight what you want bolded and hit the B or the I or the U for underline.

Norwindian
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ariel, you make me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Or you can use the edit buttons at the top of the posting screen. Highlight what you want bolded and hit the B or the I or the U for underline.

Norwindian
    My buttons don't work on this computer. I get some message about "do I want to navigate away from this page". So those keyboard shortcuts are great for me.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread