+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is nothing more disgusting that watching the race car drivers drink that nasty milk and then pouring it over their heads when they win.
    You know what I was thinking?
    He didn't pay for that milk, if he had, he wouldn't have poured it over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh yes. I hope all have a safe Memorial Day.

We grilled steaks last night and they were the best I have think I've ever had! I try to limit my red meat, but that was awesome. We are are going to ribs on the grill tomorrow. Talk about overload. That will be my limit for awhile.
    I'm not a big meat eater. I'm not a vegetarian by any means. I like my cheeseburgers and I love hot dogs (which I know are probably full of everything except meat) but I've just never had much of a taste for any kind of meat.
    If I would cook steak or pork chops or something I would just eat the sides.
    Meat has to be mixed with other stuff for me to eat it. Like in my spaghetti sauce or fajitas or something. I have never been able to just take a bite of steak by itself. I'm weird I guess.

I'm kind of mad right now. We had a great time at my son's house. I was hurting so we left a little early. On the way home my "husband" gets a call and he's packing to go on a job. He was supposed to be home until Wednesday night, but no.
    I was looking forward to having him around for a few days. It gets pretty lonely up here sometimes.

Oh well. I can't complain. In these times we're so lucky that he has a steady, good job that pays well and has good benefits. So many others can't say that.

Proshay, I never knew that was actual milk. We don't follow racing but I've seen them pour it before. That is disgusting.

I put husband in quotes because I say husband for lack of a better word. We've been together for over 25 years are fully committed to each other and our family but have never married. Neither of us has ever cared. If one of us wanted to the other would in a second but we just really don't care.
    Maybe someday, maybe not. Don't want to rush into anything. Lol.
    I'm going to have to try to come up with a word other than "husband" to use.
    Or I could just be normal and use his name.

Sorry for the rambles. I'm sure since he's leaving there will be a,few more rambling,boring comments coming.
    I warned ya!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 05-25-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is nothing more disgusting that watching the race car drivers drink that nasty milk and then pouring it over their heads when they win.
    I don't get it. Why, of all things, buttermilk? Gross.
    Then again, I've never been an Indy car (nor ::ick:: NASCAR) fan.
    Sports that celebrate with Champagne (or sparkling wine) — yeah. But, please.
    Drink it; don't waste it by using as a shower.
    Boys...
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Its buttermilk? I'm with you Ellen. Why?!
    Ellen likes this.

This was an interesting question, so I looked it up.

It all started in 1933. After Louis Meyer won his second Indianapolis 500, he requested a cold bottle of buttermilk to quench his thirst. The Yonkers, NY native had grown up drinking the beverage and favored it throughout his racing days.

Three years later, Meyer won his third title and, again, he requested a cold glass of buttermilk to celebrate. This time, a newspaper photographer snapped a photo of Meyer taking a swig from the bottle while holding up three fingers, one to represent each of his Indy victories. The shot would appear the next day in a number of newspapers.

As legend has it, a local dairy executive saw the photo and, realizing a great marketing opportunity, vowed that milk would be given to the winner the following year. (They had thought Meyer was drinking regular milk, not buttermilk.) Except for a stretch from 1947 to 1955, milk has been presented at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway ever since.

Today, instead of buttermilk, the winner is given a choice between whole milk, two percent and skim. Those bottles are held in a cooler by two selected Southern Indiana dairy farmers and are etched with the words “Indianapolis 500 winner,” making the bottles not just a beverage receptacle but a trophy in their own right. The drivers seem to like the milk, not just for what it represents, but because of its taste as well.
    Indy mystery: Why do Indianapolis 500 winners drink milk? - From the Marbles - NASCAR*Blog - Yahoo! Sports
    inthegarden likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Norwindian - for sake of internet privacy you could call him your SO (significant other) DNMH (darling not my husband) but I wouldn't type his real name. If it isn't Harry, that is a name you could use. It is so popular these days what with the Prince and the non-Prince chasing women.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I say you just keep calling him husband. Paperwork that satisfies the government doesn't make the marriage. You claimed him, he claimed you. You're husband and wife.
    Punkin, captain and Cootie like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I don't remember the floor for the number of years two people should stay together to declare a common law marriage, but I would guess you are well past it. Have you ever considered jumping over a broom? It would be symbolic if you need some sort of ceremony at some time, but not legally binding.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

That's interesting about the buttermilk. Thanks for looking that up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just don't like to mislead anybody by calling him my husband, but I think that's what I'll use. I just like being honest.
    We've never jumped the broom and Calif. doesn't recognize common law marriage but we've made some things legal. We are each others medical power of attorney along with my kids and a few things like that.
    I don't know why we've never married. We get along so good and we just really get each other so we've always had an if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of attitude.

Arielflies, thanks for that reminder. Until a couple of years ago I wasn't an internet/computer person at all. I was an outdoor girl. I'm not too internet savvy and forget things like that sometimes.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 05-26-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Are you able to get his health benefits? Just curious.
    I LOVE buttermilk. Isn't it what's left over after they make butter? So essentially fat free.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread