+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

For a large family, it may make sense, but for now, I think I'll replace it with a regular tank. My cousin uses very little hot water. I was thinking of buying it from Home Depo and having them deliver and install it. I guess their people are qualified plumbers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    For a large family, it may make sense, but for now, I think I'll replace it with a regular tank. My cousin uses very little hot water. I was thinking of buying it from Home Depo and having them deliver and install it. I guess their people are qualified plumbers, right?
    I had Home Depot deliver, install and haul off a dishwasher. It took them maybe one hour... Thank goodness Mr. I Can Fix It was busy and for once agreed to let someone else do the work.

Fast forward to last Friday when the hot water heater (that had been leaking for months and waiting for Mr. I Can Fix It to not be busy and replace it) flooded the garage.
    So.... Saturday morning, Mr. I Can Fix It goes and buys a hot water heater and after 4 hours, a lot of , and my 3 trips to Home Depot to get fittings and other whatnots that had mysteriously disappeared from his workshop. We had hot water...and look... it's not leaking.

In answer to your question Debb70...Yes! Call Home Depot they do excellent work and they will haul off your old appliance and it won't take up permanent residence in your garage waiting to be haul off to the dump.

(note: I'm not complaining about having a Mr. I Can Fix It , actually it is wonderful but there are times...)
    Last edited by inthegarden; 05-21-2014 at 02:13 PM.

(note: I'm not complaining about having a Mr. I Can Fix It , actually it is wonderful but there are times)
    LOL, ah yes, there are most certainly times!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

inthegarden if you put your old appliance on the curb someone will come by and haul it off for scrap. It usually happens pretty quickly too, well depending on where you live. It's like people who make their money selling scrap can sniff out metal.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

OMG, it is so true that someone will haul off old appliances. A couple of years ago, I replaced my dishwasher in a kitchen reno. The dishwasher was unuseable and literally smelled like something died in there. It was gone before dawn. The sink was out there too, with a reasonably decent faucet that wouldn't fit the new sink. The faucet got my neighbor's attention, but he actually knocked on the door and asked if he could take it. Of course he could! I had a chuckle at the one decent thing got a request for taking and the one most disgusting thing was spirited away in the night.

As for the tankless heater, it came with the house. When I was young & naive and bought the place, it crapped out on me (it was just a burnt coil, costing me $30 to replace) but before I figured that out, I had a Home Depot plumber come around and inform me that it'd cost $2k to put in a tank water heater (and later dealings with HD have lead me to believe they sell good stuff but their contractors are trained to oversell and over estimate). I could replace the small Eemax I have and boost it to great power (I have only 2 br/1 ba house, and there's one for 3 br/ 2 ba house) for about $600, but I don't need to. I'm not showering, doing dishes, and hot water laundry at the same time ever. Since I have an old clawfoot tub, if I run the washer, right outside the bathroom, my shower would vibrate and I'd probably fall down and break something. I'd say tankless is great for a small number of people living together. If you're a family of 5 all showering at the same time in different bathrooms, with the dishwasher and washing machine running at the same time, all bets are off. The tankless doesn't impact my energy bill at all. The electric heat on the other hand...well, wear a sweater if you visit me in January.
    Cootie likes this.

I can't sleep under pressure. I can sleep 24hrs a day 7 days a week. I have slept on planes, trains, and automobiles. I have slept through several natural disasters. I have often thought solitary confinement sounds like a nice vacation and eternal rest has a wonderful ring to it. But as soon as I HAVE to sleep I can't. I have a very busy day that is going to have an early start and I am wide awake right now.

One of the reasons is because my daughter graduates tomorrow! I'm so happy! lol! But that's why I have so much running around to do. One thing I have to do is find something to wear. I hate shopping in general. I loathe clothes shopping. And I always have a good idea of what I'm going to get but I can never find it. Tomorrow all I really need is a black button up collared short sleeved shirt. Sounds basic and you can walk into any dept store and find one. I am willing to bet I will visit 5 stores and won't find one. Then I will decide on something else to wear and when I get home it won't go with the pants I already have. See I work myself up before I even get started. That's how much I hate shopping.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

CGF, I call that "shopping for a black skirt." Seems like the simplest thing in the world to find, but it's not. I hope you find your black blouse at the first store you go to!
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

cgn-congrats on your daughter's graduation!! Hoping you find black shirt on first stop!! Finally, don't forget to close your eyes for a quick nap!!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hope you find "your" Steinmart! It is worth the effort!
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation Cantgetnuf! I hope all goes well, but I wouldn't hold out hope for a simple, black blouse. Suddenly, there will not be any within a 50 mile radius. lol I'm not sure why it works that way. I looked at at least 15 stores once in Raleigh, NC for a simple white blouse NONE in my size. It was crazy. They all had an odd sleeve or colored trim or something. Good luck with it though.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

+ Reply to Thread