+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7129Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Hi guys! How the heck is everybody? I'm doing pretty good! I'm doing therapy as often as I can and am doing better than any of the Drs expected. I'm more mobile at this point than I was last time.
    My kids got me the COOLEST scooter for Mother's Day. This scooter almost makes it worth hardly being able to walk. Haha. It's really lightweight, has every bell and whistle known to scooter kind and its purple!
    Its so easy to maneuver it through the house because its really slim. I love it. Its so easy to go from the bed or a chair onto the scooter. It has the kind of wheels that make it easy to use outside. I have been out with the dog every day since I got it. Its made my life so much better.

I also signed up with this place that's a link to our county busses, its for disabled people and for 4 dollars round trip the van will pick me up and take me anywhere I want to go in the county. If I want to go into the City (SF) or any place outside of my county, the van will link with the one in that county and take me anywhere. I'm able to take a helper with me so just to get a feel for it, my friend and I rode it to my therapy appt last week. It was great. I'm taking my first solo trip out of the house on Wednesday, it will be the first time I've been out alone in a year and a half. I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I'm going to therapy and then taking myself out to lunch. Just me and my purple scooter!

The body cast is off! That's the best news around these parts. For a while there was talk that I'd have to go from the cast to a halo brace but thank dog I didn't need one of those horrid things. I'm in a temporary brace now and am being fitted for a new one next week. I'm just happy the cast came off before the heat started.

Reading about your workouts makes me miss my yoga. I did it every day for more than 12 years. I hate the jiggles I'm getting. I've been doing what I can for my arms but there isn't much I can do with these legs at the moment. I've never been jiggly before.

Take care friends. I'll talk to you soon!
    I apologize to the people who have sent me private messages and emails, I'm going to answer you all, promise!
    Punkin, Ellen, CantGetNuf and 10 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Great news!!
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw a great quote today: Art is anything you can get away with.

That makes me feel better since I am not very artistic! Works for me!
    captain and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hi, Norwindian!!! I knew you'd be back before Big Brother started! All of your news sounds so good! And your spirits seem so high! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think we take enough time out for our mental health's sake. We deserve it. People like to complain about never getting a break and being stressed, but they won't take some delicious personal time, just to take care of themselves. When I was married and early in my child's life, I always made time for ME. I gave myself a dedicated hour several times/week that I could call my own. I got out of the house by myself and took care of ME. It made all of the difference in the world. I shut out everything that got on my nerves.....mainly WORK! It kept me healthy, too! I seldom had to take off sick, unless I just wanted to! I retired with an absolute load of sick time.
    I agree. It is so important to take a break from your day to day activities both mentally and physically. I also think it's important to not eat lunch at your work station. It gives you a much better outlook when you come back to work.

It is so wonderful to hear such a positive report from you NorwIndian!! Good luck on your solo adventure!!!!!

NorwIndian!!!!! Great to hear you so upbeat!!! Amazing how you're doing so much better than the doctors expected.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was just thinking about you today, NorwIndian. SO GLAD to have a positive report. We've missed you around here.
    Punkin likes this.

Thanks everybody! I feel really upbeat and positive these days. As stupid as it may sound, this scooter has changed my life. I feel like despite the fact that I'll never walk without assistance of some kind, with this scooter I can do anything that anybody else can do. I haven't felt that way in a long time.
    It goes right to the edge of my downstairs shower and then I transfer to my shower chair. It's a big change to be able to take a shower without somebody helping me get into the tub. The scooter is so slim that it fits anywhere I need to go. Its awesome!

My biggest hope is that I can go back to work some day. I know I'll never be able to groom the big dogs anymore but I'll hopefully be able to do the small dogs and go back to training again some day.
    Contrary to what some people may think, just because I prefer to smoke weed instead of drinking that nasty alcohol, doesn't mean that I enjoy sitting around doing nothing. I hate it! I want to be productive again. I've worked since I was 15and lied about my age to get a job at McDonalds. I hate this laying around watching TV all day.

That's why I'm loving my scooter, I've barely been in the house since I got it. I must be quite a site tooling around the back roads near my property on my sparkly purple scooter with my chihuahua Baby on my lap and Kaylee on her leash walking next to me. We have a great time out there.
    We see deer every time we go out. I've been taking apples and carrots for them.

Ok. I've bored you all enough. Time to go find some trouble to get into.
    Take care my friends!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

I am sitting here listening to the rushing of water. No I am not by a babbling brook, lake, ocean, but in my living room. Yes I am listening to 40 gallons of water gush out from my water heater. All I can do is laugh or I would cry.
    Punkin likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread