+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Wonder why it's only a few weeks? I am kind of excited about it!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wonder why it's only a few weeks? I am kind of excited about it!
    They are working out the kinks and trying to perfect it. With each trial they will tweak the issues and perfect it, before making it acceptable to the public. I don't know where they stand right now on approval, but I think it's close. The main thing they are trying to figure out is costs. It cost a lot to operate this device. They will have to figure a way to make it affordable for the average Type I diabetic.

I saw this great story on how to make your work time more productive. It's a treadmill/work station! Have you ever seen this? It's amazing. I'm definitely putting this on my list of things to get. I wish I could try one out before I purchase it though. Check it out.

Walkstation | Walkstation | Tables and Conferencing | Category | Products | Steelcase - Office Furniture

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Love the Walkstation, but that would be a dead giveaway as to how much time I spend online playing Candy Crush and posting on FoRT. But I'd sure be in better shape!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

I've been seeing things about this treadmill gizmo, off and on, for the past few years. Honestly, I think it's one of those things that will hold interest for only a short while, despite good intentions, and then it will just be in the way. Good luck to you!

I'd rather be outside and AWAY from work, clearing my head and working out deep thoughts/problems. Enough work, already!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I used to have trouble with the belt slipping on my treadmill all the time. I got tired of having to get off to reset it.

I got a different treadmill years later and it worked better but I started having chest pains from using it too much. I eventually got rid of it and haven't cared to get another one.

I prefer using a treadmill at a gym rather than the ones I can buy myself because I can't afford to get ones with a larger platform or with all the bells and whistles the ones at the gym have. Plus it's nice to not have to make room to keep one at the house.

I loathe the dreadmilll, but come winter I have no choice but to use it. This morning I ran a little, I usually like to power walk, but it sure was so nice to run while it was still cool. My legs will hurt tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have always preferred to go to the gym to work out rather than doing it at home. I like the social aspect of it and don't have to maintain the equipment, but I must admit I like that walkstation. I wouldn't put it at my office, but at my home, since I get a lot of work done there.

The CBS Sunday Morning Show had a great piece on it featuring a CBS employee who has one in his office and the Editor of Cosmopolitan Magazine. She holds meetings in her office, while still walking on the treadmill! lol

There is something wrong with us thinking that we should work all of the time. No wonder this country is in such crappy shape....and I don't mean physically.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    There is something wrong with us thinking that we should work all of the time. No wonder this country is in such crappy shape....and I don't mean physically.
    I work out, because I am at an age I should, and it kicks up my endorphins. Its like yoga, I have a real high after a class.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think we take enough time out for our mental health's sake. We deserve it. People like to complain about never getting a break and being stressed, but they won't take some delicious personal time, just to take care of themselves. When I was married and early in my child's life, I always made time for ME. I gave myself a dedicated hour several times/week that I could call my own. I got out of the house by myself and took care of ME. It made all of the difference in the world. I shut out everything that got on my nerves.....mainly WORK! It kept me healthy, too! I seldom had to take off sick, unless I just wanted to! I retired with an absolute load of sick time.

+ Reply to Thread