+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6765Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I hope all is well Gutmutter. It's great you take care of those things before they're a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't know... when you've survived a tough winter and then spring arrives, you appreciate every flowering bulb, bush, and tree more deeply. The bird songs are music to your ears, and you run around with shorts and flip flops in 40 degree weather because it feels so warm.
    Thinking of you Gutmutter.

And we get to experiences all the Spring winter's, named after what ever plant is blooming at the time of the cold snap... Locust winter, Redbud winter, Dogwood winter, and Blackberry winter. They gently move us away from cold, cooler weather and then all 'hell(o)' breaks loose and we are plunged into hot, humid summer.

and speaking of flies...when we had cattle, even though we kept them sprayed and medicated, and had cattle rubs everywhere, the flies were mean bitter's.
    Also, in the summer, we have sweat bees, which are attracted to sweat and if you happen to bend your knees or arms and crush one or slap and crush one, it stings you. Ouch! Such a tiny little bug with a powerful bite.

I don't know... when you've survived a tough winter and then spring arrives, you appreciate every flowering bulb, bush, and tree more deeply. The bird songs are music to your ears, and you run around with shorts and flip flops in 40 degree weather because it feels so warm.
    Thinking of you Gutmutter.
    And we get to experiences all the Spring winter's, named after what ever plant is blooming at the time of the cold snap... Locust winter, Redbud winter, Dogwood winter, and Blackberry winter. They gently move us away from cold, cooler weather and then all 'hell(o)' breaks loose and we are plunged into hot, humid summer.

We had severe storms yesterday, but today....it's beautiful in NC. 69 degrees, sunny, blue skies and low humidity. It doesn't get much better than this!!!!!!!!
    Punkin likes this.

Back from the doctor - the sun damage on the nose and forehead frozen off. He really did it heavily on the forehead. I had picked at it a day or two ago, so it was inflamed. He couldn't tell how bad it was. So I'm to keep an eye on it once the cryo-treatment resolves I need to tell him immediately if it flares up again. Thanks to everyone who was thinking of me. I treated myself with some plants for the garden on the way home.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Back from the doctor - the sun damage on the nose and forehead frozen off. He really did it heavily on the forehead. I had picked at it a day or two ago, so it was inflamed. He couldn't tell how bad it was. So I'm to keep an eye on it once the cryo-treatment resolves I need to tell him immediately if it flares up again. Thanks to everyone who was thinking of me. I treated myself with some plants for the garden on the way home.
    You've inspired me. I have to get my herb garden going. We've had some late cold snaps, but now is safe I think.

I have them on my chest, damn some of them sting. But usually they are nothing. I did have one mole on my chest that had to biopsied, that came back with abnormal cells, so we had to operate on that one. I am glad you treated yourself
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do you neglect to wear your sunscreen and your big sun hat? If you do, you'd better stop playing with fire! And that sunscreen needs to have a really big number!
    captain and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was a life guard for a state park for 3 or 4 summers in my adult life and am of the generation that slathered baby oil on in my teens (and usually got burned). I've had a lot of vacation burns before sunscreen became a "thing". I'm pretty vigilant now. I'm not really an outdoor person.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I was a life guard for a state park for 3 or 4 summers in my adult life and am of the generation that slathered baby oil on in my teens (and usually got burned). I've had a lot of vacation burns before sunscreen became a "thing". I'm pretty vigilant now. I'm not really an outdoor person.
    I did baby oil as well. My girlfriend had some on her hands from gardening. They don't show up right away, they wait 20 years. Now when we go away on a trip, we come back very pale, 35 spf for both of us
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread